Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Real Athleticism

Default Real Athleticism

This video is very different to my usual stuff. I didn't do the filming, I don't know what it was filmed on, probably an iphone or worse as it's all in SD.

I was asked to edit 8 clips together to make a kind of showreel for this athlete. My goal was to communicate the energy and strength of the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uUtBH2a9Go

Blog Entries

I would lose the first 15 seconds (audio and visual). And add the contact details at the start.

Hi MB!!! How are you? I liked the video, but agree that the first seconds made me think if it was just about a kid playing on the "barra" (don´t know the name in English for that exercising post). I liked the fast pace!

Hi Tony nice to see you posting again, where the hell have you been ?

I do agree about the begining but had to include all the footage. My original edit was much shorter with that clip.

I think something like this would have be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GAOX_awcrI&edit=vd

HI MB!!! I´m happy to be here again! Sorry for disapearing without notice..... As I just posted, had to quit too many good things to be able to pay for others!!! The fact is that I´m working 100% alone on the canoes and other stuff now, what means that many other functions that were made by employees are now my everyday routine.... This is part of a plan to move away from BR, I mean, see if I can have a 100% self-contained operation in a place where having employees is much more difficult than in the 3rd world!! Going to watch the director´s cut now....

Looks better for sure! The light flash of the 1st shot..... I didn´t get what the advertising is about though! The guy? The place where he is trainning? A personnal trainner? The last shot (the one with some running times and another guy in the picture) confused me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Looks better for sure!
    Yeah, much better. You know what's right. But the client pays the money.
    Tim

I didn´t get what the advertising is about though!
    You and me both. At first he said he wanted a show reel of one of his guys but it's more like an ad for him really. He is a trainer. I think it communicates better to American college students (target audience) than to past it, 50+ year old blokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You and me both. At first he said he wanted a show reel of one of his guys but it's more like an ad for him really. He is a trainer. I think it communicates better to American college students (target audience) than to past it, 50+ year old blokes.
    Hey, I (still) can do 25 push-ups with just one hand.....and a good crane!!! Here is a good research data to cry about: 70% of the US kids between 12 and 16 years believe that they WILL be famous!!!

Yeah and I can do 40 Yards in 3.5 seconds (in my car).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast