Thread: Clearing up traffic noise,street chatter and isolating voices how to?

Question Clearing up traffic noise,street chatter and isolating voices how to?

im using audacity to clear up this short conversation to here what these two ladys are saying your hear some of the older ladies chatting but some words are said low and drowned out buy chatter and traffic whats the best program and steps I should take to hear the ladys talking, in it you hear them say title ,test, s-bomb, love you. those two lads I need to hear whats being said I attached the wav file juts so any of you can tell me if its workable or a lost cause? thanks for any help,tips knowledge
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm afraid what I heard seems like it's a lost cause, I couldn't even hear a conversation.

Create a script as best you can - one that makes some sense for the point you are making, etc. then get two elderly ladies to record it in a moderately quiet area. Now superimpose the improved track with a % of the original. Hopefully the original traffic noise will match your video and the speech will provide clarity. Unfortunately a poor recording is better put in the bin . .. it might be far easier to record it again . . .and as you are about to employ two ladies, you could record "street-noise" and put this into the mix.