Thread: Complete Novice with a problem, photos not showing in video.

Default Complete Novice with a problem, photos not showing in video.

Hi, I have tried using videopad and have put together a video that includes some photos. Have saved it in videopad and everything runs fine, photos show exactly as they should.
    However, I have uploaded it to vimeo and youtube and some photos show, some don't. I saved the photos all at the same time, all are the same physical size, all are jpegs.
    I tried a brief trial video of 6 photos, three show, three don't!
    Any kind soul have any advice I might try to overcome this problem? I asked vimeo, they suggested the codecs I have already used, so I'm clean out of ideas!
    It seems a simple problem, but as yet I can't find a fix, I'm sure the learned folk here will be able to help me!
    Thanks

I know nothing about "Videopad". Can you clarify:
    1) Does the Video file created by Videopad play correctly when viewed on your computer, after it has been created and you have exited Videopad.
    2) What is the Format (and the codecs) used in the video file (some PC user like to use an app named GSPOT to determine that information).
    3) After uploading to YouTube or Vimeo, what appears when the missing jpegs are supposed to show? A blank screen?

I can't offer any help with this as I've never heard of a problem like this before. If it plays ok on your PC and is in a format that YouTube & Vimeo can read then it should be fine. I'd be interested to know if any else has had this kind of issue and what the solution might be.

Can OP confirm the photos are of beautiful sunsets, landscapes, pets etc. - is it possible the pic contains something like a child's face, or a Registered Logo?

Interesting that OP says he's tried six ordinary .jpegs and only 3/6 displayed . . . What happens if he posts the three good ones overlaid on the other images (it will be a blurry mess, but the file data won't know),

VideoPad is a NLE provided by NCH Software, some like it, but I'm with others that prefer to spend a little on Sony' Vegas's Movie Studio which doesn't pester your email in-tray...er, FWIW. NCH sells a whole raft of "budget-style" software, but whilst it is probably good enough . . . . . it isn't free, after the "trial"
    Last edited by vidmanners; 06-15-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I know nothing about "Videopad". Can you clarify:
    1) Does the Video file created by Videopad play correctly when viewed on your computer, after it has been created and you have exited Videopad.
    2) What is the Format (and the codecs) used in the video file (some PC user like to use an app named GSPOT to determine that information).
    3) After uploading to YouTube or Vimeo, what appears when the missing jpegs are supposed to show? A blank screen?
    Yes, plays perfectly prior to being uploaded to either vimeo or youtube.
    Haven't got the programme handy at the moment, but it's the codec recommended by vimeo.
    There appears a blank, but on a few occasions there photo following it runs for 6 secs, instead of two photos at 3 secs each. If that makes sense!
    Thanks

Photos are simply of a hotel we stayed in, the room, views from hotel etc. In fact some of them loaded first time I tried it, but the same photos failed with a later attempt.
    If I dump videopad, what would others suggest, bearing in mind I don't need anything too complex. In some of the reviews Powerdirector comes out way ahead of Sony, any opinions on which programme to choose?
    Thanks