Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Season Garden Watch

Default 4 Season Garden Watch

I recently got a new plug in to use in Sony Vegas called Neat Video. It is excellent at de-noising the image. The only drawback is that it adds a considerable amount of time to the rendering process.

Here is the practise piece I made. If you are fed up of my flowers, birds etc. Just look at it from the point of view of lack of noise in the image.

Blog Entries

Nice to see those shots put tigether like that. A very nice piece indeed and really show off you camerawork.
    I can see I'm going to have to lern to shoot properly one day, but i doubt I have the skill or patience.
    It's hard to judge the effect of Neat without seeing the original noisy images.
    I bought Newt Video a couple of years back and had OK results but notyhing spectacular. My problem is I rarely notice the noise in images until someone points it out!
    Tim

I learnt to live with the noise, the HVX is a great camera but can be a tad noisy but as you know I had a particular issue with a particular project recently and found with a little practise that it really makes a difference, in a good way to the image. There is a very good tutorial on their YouTube channel. As an example, this piece has a mixture of Nikon D800, HVX200, Go Pro, Panasonic TZ18. Shot at varying resolutions from 1080p to standard definition. The Neat software helped me to match the SD material with the HD. You can still tell if you are looking for it but I think it really helped to blend it in with the HD footage.

Thanks for the complement about the camera work and I'm sure you are very capable of point your camera at a flower just like me.

Hi, although a newbie to video editing, as was said in another thread I do have a lifetime of watching. I don't know about the neat plugin but I thought the video was very well done. Some great photography and the whole piece hangs together very well. If I had to criticise anything maybe a few of the edits were a little fast. Keep up the good worx

Thanks for commenting, I agree some of the cuts were a bit fast for this type of video. I suppose I was typing to fit the video to the music.

The Neat software cleans up noisy or grainy footage, this enabled me to use a mix of different resolutions from standard definition to 1080p with out it been noticeable.

Seems to work very well. Maybe you can put corrected and non-corrected shots side by side so we can see the effect of it??? Would be interesting.....

I did upload a non corrected version of this video on to YouTube but found you can hardly tell the difference between them so I didn't bother. You can tell the difference before it's "rendered" by YouTube which means there is some softening going on with the YouTube rendering process.

The way you can really tell, is zooming in and doing some pixel peeking.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I did upload a non corrected version of this video on to YouTube but found you can hardly tell the difference between them so I didn't bother. You can tell the difference before it's "rendered" by YouTube which means there is some softening going on with the YouTube rendering process.

The way you can really tell, is zooming in and doing some pixel peeking.
    Oh, I see..... Maybe a split screen just with SD footage, where the effect must be more pronounced? Where is this plugin from?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Where is this plugin from?
    Neat Video - best noise reduction for digital video
    Tim

Thanks Tim, downloading the Vegas demo version right now...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast