Thread: MTB - Gopro - First montage please give me some tips

Default MTB - Gopro - First montage please give me some tips

Hello all, I'm Italian and I'm new, I'd like to propose my video in order to have some tips on what I must work on.
    Please let me know what do you think about my first video montage.
    Thanks

Montecuneo - MTB - Gopro - YouTube

What would really help this video is to take the Go-Pro off the bike and get some shots of you riding passed it. Then mix these shots with the on board shots. To make a video more interesting you need a good mix of long shots, mid shots and close ups.

Blog Entries

Midnight has edited the software for this forum with an autoresponder which posts the above reply whenever a new video arrives with the word "GoPro" in the subject
    Whether it's automatic or not, it's good advice.
    There are millions of GoPro POV cycle trail videos out there. if you want to make something that says "watch me" you need to add variety and immediately your films will rise above the masses.

Mind you this film did have something a little different. I felt rather uncomfortable viewing from between some sweaty biker's thighs
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What would really help this video is to take the Go-Pro off the bike and get some shots of you riding passed it. Then mix these shots with the on board shots. To make a video more interesting you need a good mix of long shots, mid shots and close ups.
    This is a very good idea, thanks. I will try do get off the gopro from the bike.
    In this sport, specially when you are only few riders, is difficult to put the camera somewhere, then go back - pass - and then go back another time to take the camera... But I will try!
    We are not pro, so we don't have cameramen for us
    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Midnight has edited the software for this forum with an autoresponder which posts the above reply whenever a new video arrives with the word "GoPro" in the subject
    Whether it's automatic or not, it's good advice.
    There are millions of GoPro POV cycle trail videos out there. if you want to make something that says "watch me" you need to add variety and immediately your films will rise above the masses.

Mind you this film did have something a little different. I felt rather uncomfortable viewing from between some sweaty biker's thighs
    Ahahah that's funny I will try to switch the point of view next time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dannato View Post
    In this sport, specially when you are only few riders, is difficult to put the camera somewhere, then go back - pass - and then go back another time to take the camera... But I will try!
    We are not pro, so we don't have cameramen for us
    You say "we" that makes it fairly easy. You really will appreciate the difference it makes to your fuilms.

Then you'll end up concentrating on and spending more time on "getting the shots" rather than riding. And it will all go pear shaped. That's the problem with combining hobbies.

Have a great time
    Tim

One might suggest that the "action-bit" is the bit that's not interesting - what's interesting (for me!) is the start of the route, the preparation, starting off with your mates, (and so far not a single GoPro-exclusive shot).

One hopes that someone will make a normal-angle attachment lens for the GoPro, to wean folks of this repetitive fish-eye view of the Action-World. And finally a few shots using the GoPro of the tyres being squeezed by tree-roots (using the fast frame-rate) . . . .then back to the hut for a wash and lemonade.