Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 16:9 & 4:3

Default 16:9 & 4:3

So I've just recently started pulling my tapes from a concert where we had 6 cameras rolling. We only taped the stage shot in 16:9 and I'm having problems turning it into a letterbox.

How do I go about importing/exporting this one video to keep the 16:9? I've never used this scenario before and need help! All is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What software are you using?

COMPAQ something or other with 500Gb Boot Disk, 1Tb external Firewire Disk, 4Gb Memory and a super duper sound card, 19" TFT Monitor etc etc etc
    Sony TRV33e : Sony TRV310e : Canon XM2
    Sony Vegas Studio editions to v11

Remember, there is always more to learn than there is to teach.

Blog Entries

Were the rest of the cams set up to use 4:3?

Adobe Premiere Pro and yes the other 5 cameras were shot in 4:3...thanks for any help.

Blog Entries

If it was my choice, I'd simply add the 16:9 footage to the 4:3 project. This will simply chop of the areas to the left and right. My reasoning is that mixing the two would look a tad naff in the final product.

If you do want black bars at the top and bottom (and therefore display the "entire" 16:9 footage), simply set the scale in the effects controls of the 16:9 footage to 76.

How do I get to where I set the scale? I know where the effects are, but which one am I suppose to use to set it to 76? Thanks for all your help!

Blog Entries

Click on the clip, then select Effect Controls from Monitor Window. Expand the motion settting, and adjust scale.

Okay,
    I rescaled the 16:9 to 76 and now I'm getting this...

http://externalis.com/ybp/DemoforForums.wmv

Again, thanks for your time!

Blog Entries

The 16:9 footage is now how I'd expect it to be in relation to the 4:3.

But... you've got the wrong aspect ratio for both the 16:9 and 4:3 footage: they both should be stretched out. What project settings are you using and does it look ok in the preview window?

Okay,
    So I've stretched to look right in the preview, but it seems like a lot of quality is lost now when I export it and put it at full screen...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast