Thread: World Series of Poker, well Kinda

Default World Series of Poker, well Kinda

So I do some video work for a local ministry called WorkcampNE. Basically we take hundreds of high-schoolers and fix peoples houses for free, in a nut shell. Anyway, my friend Marc does a monthly fun-fact on their Facebook page and picks someone randomly to win a 10$ iTunes gift-card. We create videos to show the winners and I'm always trying to come up with something funny, cool, etc... Well I came up with this idea one day and we shot it a couple days ago. I know the acting isn't the best but I think the audience (teenagers) will find it humorous, let me know what you think. I am always trying to improve, thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nufFzuT87Lc

2. Default

We can't help but notice you seem to be very good at posting your work here & enjoying the feedback & compliments.... but totally selfish when it comes to giving anything back to this ailing forum!
    This forum is dying & you apparently have no interest in joining in & so you are killing it by just taking & not contributing....that's not very christian is it?
    Last edited by Sarah & Allison; 06-07-2013 at 10:05 PM.

Hmmm, well I guess I will try to post more on other people's threads I just feel like I can't really critique people being fairly new to the field. I do apologize for my selfishness, again ill try and find sometime I give me input on other users threads.

Seems there's plenty of time to produce this video, with overlays and specialy made cards, and all for a $10 i-tunes gift?

It's a clever way of ensuring an audience, you certainly put plenty of thought into yourself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by weavedesigns View Post
    Hmmm, well I guess I will try to post more on other people's threads I just feel like I can't really critique people being fairly new to the field. I do apologize for my selfishness, again ill try and find sometime I give me input on other users threads.
    C'mon. you may be inexperienced but you're picking up stuff very quickly and producing far better stuff than the likes of me who don't hole back when commenting.
    (This video looked very polished - nice one)
    What bigmanjoe says is correct about "inexperienced "people's comments, but even that misses teh point.

We may be inexperienced fil makers, but we're all experienced film watchers. Are we making films for other people who make films (about 2% of the population in the West at a guess) or people who watch films (nearly 100%)?

Whose comments are more valuable?
    Tim

All the things above aside, I think you made an excellent job of this. The only points I noticed was the excessive amount of auto-focus going on and the shots of dealing the cards on the table was a little over exposed.

Good job.

Thanks for the comments everyone. Now that I think about it from providing feedback as a viewer it does make more sense.

It was made well, but coming from someone who played poker as a means of income in the past, the chip handling was very amateur. In an actual wsop event those players would be penalized for shoving all the chips into the middle and having them spill everywhere, and for the string-raise. I also agree with MB about the auto-focusing, was very distracting.

The object wasn't really to be exactly like what you see on tv. More of a serious but comedic video in that these were amateurs. I was using a 50mm 1.8 for most shots so It was hard to keep focus while moving slightly, the depth of field would change quickly. But, thanks for the feedback!