Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost Town

1. Default Ghost Town

OMG what has happened to this site ...it's almost dead!
    I know we haven't been here for a couple of years but the contrast is shocking ... there's hardly anyone here now!

Secondly, we can't get embedded YouTube videos to play....does anyone know why?

It's because your a girl.

To embed a video click on the "insert video icon" and put in the URL of the video. If that doesn't work then the above answer is correct.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah & Allison View Post
    This is linked to this...

I know we haven't been here for a couple of years but the contrast is shocking ... there's hardly anyone here now!?
    People lose interest and move on. It used to be that those people were replaced by new users, but the traffic plummeted after google deemed the site less important. So there's less chance for replacement users. It's sad for me to see.

Marc P has valid points of course, but still...not a Ghost Town yet..
    As I write, I see
    "Currently Active Users
    There are currently 119 users online. 5 members and 114 guests"
    digesting the posts of the 5 or so active contributors

Blog Entries

I know we haven't been here for a couple of years but the contrast is shocking ... there's hardly anyone here now!
    Just wait until we formally announce your return. They'll all come flooding back, I'm sure.
    Tim

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    Marc P has valid points of course, but still...not a Ghost Town yet..
    As I write, I see
    "Currently Active Users
    There are currently 119 users online. 5 members and 114 guests"
    digesting the posts of the 5 or so active contributors
    But the only useful information there is the 5 members... every site gets lurkers & bots & spiders (or whatever they're called) they dont contribute anything do they!

People lose interest and move on. It used to be that those people were replaced by new users, but the traffic plummeted after google deemed the site less important. So there's less chance for replacement users. It's sad for me to see."

• Marc this is terrible.... can't you do anything to get Google to re evaluate the site?

"It's because your a girl.
      To embed a video click on the "insert video icon" and put in the URL of the video. If that doesn't work then the above answer is correct."

No MB it's because you're a man & you didn't read our question properly :p .....we meant we can't get other people's embedded videos to play when we click on them!

Tim our video we posted just got 4 replies, I think we've lost our appeal & Google's deemed us less important.

No MB it's because you're a man & you didn't read our question properly
    Ha Ha, true, why read instructions when you have a hammer.

Lolz
    How dare you complain about 4 replies to a video, I only ever get 2, and you've been hiding in a cupboard for 18 months - think yourself blessed.
    Although it could also be because you're a girl

Blog Entries

Marc this is terrible.... can't you do anything to get Google to re evaluate the site?
    If Marc could manage that he wouldn't be wasting time running this site, but be making a fortune as an "SEO consultant" (which is one of those "pretend" jobs invented by people who realise the results of the "work" they do cannot easily be measured - other than they prevent the likes of Google using straightforward algoruthms to rank sites according to their real popularity or worth)
    Tim

Forums might have become a bit old fashioned for most. I wouldn't say it's really about Digital Director, but about forums in general. Just think about it, not too many years ago there was active forum for everything, and that was mostly because it was the most relevant method of internet communication. Right know it's mostly gaming forums that remain active (but the games the forums are about do change rapidly). Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr and all other forms of social media seem to eat people away.

That might make me old fashioned, but I prefer forums over many other forms of social media. There may be less people here, but at least they are to be nice people.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast