Thread: Call out to film editors!

Default Call out to film editors!

I'm asking people with experience in doing lightsaber animation to help me with a video clip that will be 2 and a half to 3 minutes long. If you're interested, contact me at kidjoe87@hotmail.com or on AIM at MyGenuineSin.

P.S. Moderators, I'm sorry if this is on the wrong section, please put it in the right place.

I can do lightsabres ok. It's painstaking work ands takes ages. What's the hourly rate? I might be interested.

how's alamDV for lightsaber stuff?

On another note, i do hope you're doing lightsaber stuff with tongue firmly in cheek. Or are you doing bullet time too?
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables

It's a film a friend and I are doing, it has absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars, but we both go to an interview for the same job and we meet at opposite ends of the building and the FF8 intro music starts playing and at 19 seconds we start running at each other and at 27.5 seconds our sabers will clash. Somewhere in between there needs to be each of our lightsabers coming out. We're hoping it will last the duration of the song but we'll likely cut it 2:03.

Rates, I dunno. We're hoping to spend as little money as possible, so I'm thinking just a flat payment would be best for us. I'm willing to negotiate price. This whole thing is just for fun and hopefully a future online hit. It's going to be an hour to an hour and a half long feature. Imagine the publicity!

sounds cool... but thats a lot of work, especially if you're gonna rotoscope
    Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.

Oh, I'm aware of that, that's why I need someone with experience who does this kind of thing for fun, lol. We're going to have three different camera feeds. If you or anyone you know are interested, please get in contact with me.

kidjoe87@hotmail.com

Thanks.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mrlipring
    how's alamDV for lightsaber stuff?

On another note, i do hope you're doing lightsaber stuff with tongue firmly in cheek. Or are you doing bullet time too?
    i use alamdv and it is easier than editing frame by frame... lol

all you do is make a lightsaber any size you want and put it where you want it to be... then keyframe it to follow the movement of, i recommend using something when filming, like a stick