Thread: Newbie question.... Where to find royalty free video clips

Default Newbie question.... Where to find royalty free video clips

I am a computer programmer and I am creating a demonstration video of one of my products. I am interested in finding a short clip of either a man or a woman sitting at a computer and acting frustrated that it is not working.

I will be doing a voice over on this clip, so sound is not important.

I know there are lots of places to find royalty free music, but what about royalty free video clips ?

Any suggestions ?

London, England

Hi, There are Royalty-free clips, but they tend to be "general interest" cityscapes, cars, holiday resorts - sometimes thought they will have a copyright watermark as they are previews for a HD clip which will cost money.

Are you wanting several (as a series, perhaps to add differentiation/interest.? )
    I think you should approach a local Film-Making club, who could run a tutorial on "making the Tutorial" for example. That way you'll get expert lighting, acting, VO audio etc . . which will be the right length, content, etc.
    A small donation, means you can ask again . . . .

Fact is that with camcorders being cheap, it is often easier to create your own footage . . .that is except flying over Victoria Falls . . . but then anyone with that will probably want to be paid, to offset their travel.
    However, DIY Is likely to be fraught and will show in the presentation.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 06-02-2013 at 12:15 AM.

As Vidmanners has suggested there are loads of stock footage websites, Just Google "stock footage", you may even find some free stuff. I did a quick search and found THIS in 2 mins so it's easy to find. It's just finding the perfect clip for what you want that might take some time.

If only my wife filmed me editing my last film on the 30th of may! on this laptop (freeze, crash, re-boot, save, freeze crash) - that would look genuine!
    could maybe do another short film, do you want the person to turn into the hulk, hit the computer with a hammer - swear at it and throw it out the window?... hook me up to a Blood Pressure monitor! hence time for a new laptop.

sorry a bit random - good luck with your search for your royalty free footage... I think you could get that fairly easy in an office on a bad day!
    Last edited by Karlos96; 06-02-2013 at 06:02 PM.

Ha Ha, We've all been there Karlos.