Thread: Red Carpet Screenings

Blog Entries

Default Red Carpet Screenings

Just a heads up - if anyone's going to the Red Carpet Screenings Film Festival in basingstoke tonight, I'd be happy to meet up at the bar
    Tim

What a shame I can't make it, I'm going to York Minster to see the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass band. No it's not a joke !

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    What a shame I can't make it, I'm going to York Minster to see the Brighouse and Rastrick Brass band. No it's not a joke !
    I bet it'll be fantastic. I'm used to Southern softie brass bands ar fetes and fairs, which can be a bit offp-putting, but a proper, colliery brass band can be a very moving expeience.
    Tim

Blog Entries

The weird thing is that their biggest hit was "The Flora Dance" which is from the next village to our place in Cornwall (and seems to be played at every friggin' opportunity)!

Folk Traditions - Helston Furry Dance - YouTube

(Not one of my videos, whenever I've gone to the dance I've been too drunk to film anything!)
    Last edited by Rembrandt Rob; 06-01-2013 at 03:34 PM.

See you there Tim!
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Correction it's the Black Dyke Band and it's great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Correction it's the Black Dyke Band and it's great.
    Must resist the obvious offensive joke...must resist the obvious offensive joke ... ...must resist ..
    Tim

Blog Entries

You mean the story about the little Dutch boy who spent all night with his finger in the dyke?

Bdum, bdum, tish!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fingercuff View Post
    See you there Tim!
    It was good to see you and Poppaea again. There were some impressive films there, but what really got me was te incredible speed with which some people seem to manage to get so much done. Seb did a great job hosting. Whilst it's a shame there weren't more there, I rather liked the friendly and intimate atmosphere. Everyone seemed keen to mingle, learn and help others which I know is what Seb is trying to promote with the festival. I'll definiely be at the next and may even submit something.
    Tim

I wish we had this sort of thing up north. At the moment I'm just starting to appreciate the joys of playing with a smart phone on a beautiful summers day.