Thread: Audio Question In Vegas 6

Default Audio Question In Vegas 6

Hello Everyone. I bought a sony camcorder and the zoom control is spring loaded. Whenever I zoom in or out, it makes a very loud click when it retracts. It almost sounds like tapping your fingernail on the mic. I was wondering if there is a way to completely or partially remove the loud click on Vegas 6. Or do I need to purchase a separate audio editor. If I do need to purchase an audio editor, what do recommend (preferably below $200).

Thank you in advance.

Blog Entries

What your wanting to do is some fairly sophisticated noise reduction, which I doubt would be adequately covered by Vegas.

The problem is isolating "just" the motor sound of your camcorder. In future, I would avoid zooming... or if you do, plan shots to cut the zoom in post production. This would be true even if your camcorder didn't make a sound. Avoid zooming.

But I'd be a bit concerned that it makes such a loud noise. Do a google search for your camera model and "noise". If no-one else has reported this problem, investigate further with the vendor.

Thank you Marc. I'll definitely take your advice on zooming. Cutting the zoom in post production is perfect idea. Why didn't I think of that. Although there is one video where I went zoom happy. I taped my friend's wedding and as each said their vows I zoomed in to see their faces. Can't really cut that out. Oh well.
    I'll do my best to avoid zooming in the future.
    Thank you

Blog Entries

taped my friend's wedding and as each said their vows I zoomed in to see their faces. Can't really cut that out
    You'll be surprised at how creative you can get. A few cheats

1) If it's at a crucial moment, create a "heartbeat" moment. Razor the video at a convieniant point before the tragic zoom. Now get ride of the zoom with the offending audio. Now for the "flash". Move the video to a higher track and place a white matte underneath. Now keyframe a half second of opacity, going from 100% to 0%. You'll get a flash and zoom into the bride & groom as if someone took a photo.

2) Get the guests in on the act. Chances are you filmed the guests at some point or zoomed in on the parents sitting on the benches. simply insert this at the zoom point as if you had two cameras at the wedding. It'll make the cut from the start of the zoom to the end seem natural. Just cut at sensible points in the vows. They will never know.

3) If you get bored of it, send the tapes to me and I'll edit it for you for a small fee

Now that's good. I gotta try that tonight.
    Normally I would opt for option 3, but I am genuinely interested in video editing and I wanna learn it for myself. Thanks anyway.