Thread: 20th Century fox, THX logos

Default 20th Century fox, THX logos

What is the best way to do a introduction logo, like you see at the start of movies (20th Century fox, Universal, THX etc) I dont wnt somthing to complicated but somthing fairly cool but simple.

thanks in advance
    action camera lights

probably in a 3d package such as lightwave or 3d studio max, am pretty sure you can get a free trial.
    i eat hobbits!!!!!!

u could make something interesting using photoshop combined with image ready to animate fades etc of parts of a logo, output to quicktime and insert to premiere to add music or more effects
    2 x 21\" HITACHI super contrast monitors.....2 x 200 gig HDD\'s....2 x 512mb dane-elec pc3200.....TV in card (cheap and sh!t!)....3.2 P4 HT....BOARD - ASUS P4C800 - C delux (fsb 800mhz DUAL DDR 400)....GRAPHICS - ATI 256ddr POWERCOLOUR Radeon 9600XT (500mhz/400mhz)....MATROX RT.X100 real time editing card

thats really helpful thanks guys, the problem is, i am no good at those programs, it took me long enough to figure out premier (and that was just installing it) i dont suppose i can be extremely cheeky and ask if any of you would be able to do me a basic animation (it could even make a good challenge). All the logo is to say is "SUNBURNT PRODUCTIONS". I will buy you all a pint or at least mention you in my oscar speech
    action camera lights

isn't it much more fun and interesting to do it yourself?
    how will you ever learn if someone else does your work?

very true, i will have a try
    still any artisic ideas appreciated
    action camera lights

Try out Video Fun Box at http://www.jellypie.co.uk/

It's cheap and you can get some interesting things out of it quite quickly - by all accounts. It's got to be worth trying the demo out.

I've played with it for about half an hour. It does seem that all things it does are/will be variations on a single theme but it is cheap, it is cheerful, and it does work.

The demo does not seem to procude high def though. I might have to email them about that.