Thread: Camera noise

Default Camera noise

I have a recurring problem with clicking noises from the camera zoom function appearing on the soundtrack. Each time I operate the zoom it results in a double-click which can be very annoying and inconvenient when it comes to editing my footage in Pinnacle Studio 15. My question is: Is there a way in which I can use the audio settings to detect and remove this sound...or can anyone suggest a way to overcome the problem. Any help greatly appreciated. I use a Canon Powershot SX50 HS camera, I have Windows 7 installed and my version of Pinnacle Studio is 15 Ultimate. Thanks.

You could mute the audio at the point of the clicks and add a portion of the ambient sound to cover these points. If it happens when there is something significant in the audio you are buggered the only other solution is to use a separate audio recorder.

Hmm....I was afraid that might be the case...it's just that I have only recently discovered the "audio effects" suite and I was hoping there might be a little piece of magic in there that would help me...ah well....thanks anyway.

There is a piece of audio software that claims to be able to take out specific aspects of part of an audio track LIKE THIS but it would depend on how prominent the "clicking" was. Even lowering certain frequencies with a Graphic Equaliser can help but as I said it really depends on how bad things are to start with.

Well I reckon I will just have to keep on doing it the hard way...Thanks for your help