Thread: Capture sync problems

Default Capture sync problems

Hi all,
    I am pretty new to this video editing bizzo, been working with computers for near 20 years though. I recently purchased a Leadtek TV2000 XP DeLuxe Video capture card. My system runs 2.8G Prescot Processor, 1G Ram, 2X200G HDs, ATI 9600 PRO 256MB Video card. As you can see, no shortage of resources.
    The intention was to convert my old VHS movies to DVD. I own Ulead Video Studio 8, Movie Factory 4 and Power Director 3 and the software that comes with the Leadtek card. They all seem to have some godd and bad features and it seems to be pretty much a case of what flavour you prefer.
    However, my problem is that no matter what I do, I wind up with the picture and the sound going out of sync by a fraction. This gets compounded if I have to trim and re-render.
    Any good ideas? I have asked around some guys who are supposed to know without any joy. I am sure that I am not the only one who has ever encountered this.
    Cheers from a cold and wet Melbourne.

Blog Entries

Is this happening on the final output, or to the video/audio just after capture?

Audio/Video can often fall out of synch when your editing highly compressed footage. Whenever I've experienced this problem, I've converted the footage to a less compressed format for editing such as DV AVI.

It seems to happen at the capture stage. It doubles when I edit. I capture in mpeg2 768x576, audio mpeg1 224kbps. Thats the default for high quality. Anything better?

Default Capture Sync Problem

Hi I am newbie, but hopefully my experience help. I used to capture from my MicroMV camcoder, and had the same probs with you. Then I used PowerDirector 4 and trim a bit the clips (the front and the end). After that the sound is sync with the video hopefully this will help you too. And one more thing, the clip must be too long (I don't know why my self : )