Thread: Pinnacle DVD saving question Please read...:(

Default Pinnacle DVD saving question Please read...:(

I just got done saving my DVD using Pinnacle Studio 9 and as I watched it, during some parts of extreme darkness the audio skips and I was wondering if anybody has a reason why or if anybody else has had this occur. If you ahve any info on something like this please help me out. I come here for the best advice on matters such as this because I know this is the best place.

Please help if you can...
    Thanks,
    Nick
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul.

Nick:

Need a little more information.

How did you capture your footage? Did you use firewire or usb or even analog? Also I know others will want to know what kind of set up you have. Did you defrag your hardrive before capture? So many variables etc.... Sorry :(

If using USB or even analog there is a possibilty that you have some dropped frames causing the skipping maybe but I will leave that advice to more experts than I.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Thanks for the reply

Okay here's what I did. My friend captured his video using a FireWire port directly from his video camera, saved it to 2 700mb discs then gave it to me to edit. I put to movies on my computer and let them sit for a couple months.
    Anyway, he then gave me more shit to capture that he couldn't namely VCR tapes. I captured those using Dazzle 150 and they seemd to play perfectly on my computer. I mean there was no skipping what-so-ever even in the parts of extreme blackness.
    So I put all the crap he wanted me to together and attempted to save it to a DVD and it saved with no problems...after I watched it I found that during parts of "extreme" blackness (Black is on the majority of the screen) the audio skips a bit. It is like it is having a case of the hiccups.

To answer all of your questions....I got:
    640 mb RAM
    More than enough Hard Disk Space
    16x external DVD burner-I connect it using a USB 2.0 cable
    I did not defrag my computer before saving...I guess I should do that.

I hope I answered your questions and gave you the info needed cause I really need to fix this.

Nick:

I did not want to leave you hanging as I have pondered on this last night. I read your reply and that fact that you are able to view on your computer with no problems just puzzles me more. I know that there are many more on this forum that have a much better grasp of this and hopefully someone will be able to help. Obviously something is being screwed up during the rendering/transfer to DVD. Have you possibly tried different DVD media? The only other thing I noticed is the USB DVD external burner. Could that be the cause : I know I am pulling at straws but really I have not a clue and sorry I cannot help in this area.

Wish you well and hopefully something will come from this.

Scooter
    AMD Athlon 3200
    Asus A7N8X Dlux
    ATI Video
    1 Gig Mem
    Windows XP Pro
    2 Seagate ATA 160 Gig HD,1 Maxtor 120 Gig HD
    Sony DRU-510 DVD/CD Burner
    Viewsonic 19\"LCD
    Pinnacle 10 PlusMediaSuite
    PremierPro 1.5 Suite
    Sony HVR-A1U 1080i HDV Camcorder

Once again thanks for the reply...

I'm gonna try defraging my computer and see what that does. This is so weird. I've never had any problems like this. And it only happens when there is extreme blackness on screen. The video was taped indoors and there are instances when there is a black curtain on film and the DVD skips. Then there is just no light scenes and they mess up to. This just really makes me wonder....

But I really appreciate your help.