Thread: slow video

Default slow video

whenever i try and slow a clip up my video gets very choppy. when i run the clip from the timeline normally its crisp, smooth, 100%...as soon as i put it in reverse or slow it down (then render)it seems like its skipping frames...any ideas?

Blog Entries

How much are you trying to slow it down? Slow mo in Premiere doesn't look great below say 80%.

thats probably where iwent wrong. i moved it to 50 and it looks like its skipping frames. i'll try 80 later on after work. thanks for the tip.

i had this sort of problem i found the best way to fix it is to make sure you're video is in dv format and if not then convert it.
    i eat hobbits!!!!!!

how would i convert it to dv format? haha sorry i'm such a newb at this

you may be able to get an external encoder but probs the easiest way is to just import the vid into premiere then export it as uncompressed dv and then use the newly exported file in your project.
    i eat hobbits!!!!!!

Default Re: slow video

Quote Originally Posted by jellz77
    whenever i try and slow a clip up my video gets very choppy. when i run the clip from the timeline normally its crisp, smooth, 100%...as soon as i put it in reverse or slow it down (then render)it seems like its skipping frames...any ideas?
    Well the answer to your problem is much simpler than the advide you received, actually. All that you have to do is while in he timeline in Premiere reight click on the clip and then go to Video Properties > Frame Hold and make sure its selected. That wil make it a lot smoother. Also, you might want to increase the shutterspeed to get an overall smoother video. Tell me if this works.....
    Believe half of what you see, and none of what you hear.