Thread: 2014 Porsche Cayman Launch Party

Default 2014 Porsche Cayman Launch Party

Hey everyone! I wanted to get some feedback on my most recent video, mostly because I've never done an event like this before. I shot a launch party for a local Porsche dealership last week, and plan to do more but want to definitely get better! I know there is plenty room for improvement but what do you all think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNN31owUGfw

Some of the steady cam work. although smooth, was a little bit like being on a boat. The sound of the interview was a little bit roomy. ie the mic wasn't close enough to the chap. Some good shots as usual. I would have liked to have seen a slow mo shot of the dancers.

Is that too critical ? It was quite a good video.

Seemed a bit wobbly at the beginning with one or two over exposed shots alongside the boat feeling, but when you got settled it all came out very well. Did you take a while to get settled at the venue?

The only thing missing was the car actually moving, otherwise if you brushed up the first minute, this was a perfect presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Some of the steady cam work. although smooth, was a little bit like being on a boat. The sound of the interview was a little bit roomy. ie the mic wasn't close enough to the chap. Some good shots as usual. I would have liked to have seen a slow mo shot of the dancers.

Is that too critical ? It was quite a good video.
    Not too critical at all, it really helps, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Seemed a bit wobbly at the beginning with one or two over exposed shots alongside the boat feeling, but when you got settled it all came out very well. Did you take a while to get settled at the venue?

The only thing missing was the car actually moving, otherwise if you brushed up the first minute, this was a perfect presentation.
    I got there only a half hour before the event, I wanted to get some shots of the car but it was almost a stretch to get them to take the car out of the show room the next day for outside shots. Didn't want to push my bounds on the first real gig for them. Anyway thanks for the feedback