Thread: Sony Vegas Pro 11 Black Preview Screen

Default Sony Vegas Pro 11 Black Preview Screen

Hi. I have a school video production project to do and I was using Sony Vegas to Edit. I've used Sony Vegas for 2 years and never had this problem. It worked fine all morning and then I closed out and loaded it back up and the preview screen was black. I made sure that all of the composting modes were set to what they were supposed to and I also did that Options>Preferences thing to no luck. I also downgraded my Quicktime player version but to no luck. Some one told me to uncheck GPU Acceleration but that didn't work either. I really need help because the project is due Monday (two days). I only have about 6 or 7 clips in the timeline but I have about 15 imported (I only chose out the best clips to use). I dont think that will matter of how many I had imported. All of them are in .wmv format. I also copied them and converted them into .avi and changed the location of the original ones so when Vegas asked me where the files where, I directed them to the .avi videos but nothing happened. I really need help. Its a pretty big assignment and I just started. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. BTW, the Vegas pro 11 build is 701. Just in case you needed it.

Pls read some of the "Similar Threads" below this one for further potential solutions.