Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do I add logos?

Default How do I add logos?

I see it all the time in my area of live performance video, where they will have the band logo layered on top of the video during the intro. How do I do that without blocking the video underneath? So that just the logo shows and not the black (or white or whatever color) background the logo is on in the pic.

Probably the easiest way is to make the logo with a transparent background. Save the image file as a .png this will keep the transparency information. Then bring that into your editor on a track above the video track.

You could try playing around with the compositor modes if you want to go there.

How do I make the logo have a transparent background? And when you say compositor modes, is that different than the compositing level I use when editing my 4 cameras together?

Yes I mean compositing levels/modes. It depends on what software you are using they will have slightly different names. I can't really tell you how to make a transparent back ground in your graphics program as this will vary depending on what software you use.

Sorry MB, I have Sony Vegas Pro 12, movie studio 11 and Adobe Premier Pro CS6. I have never used Adobe yet, I only use Vegas 12. I use the compositing level to switch between which cams/shots I want to use, but don't know how to use compositing other than that.

Ok I can help you with Vegas Pro 12,

Place the logo on a track above the video and stretch it out to the required length. Size and position of the logo has to be right before you bring it in to Vegas. If the background of the logo image is white click on the compositing mode button (green icon on the left of the track) and select multiply mask. This will make the white on the logo track transparent. If there is white in the logo this will also become transparent.

This is just one way to do it.

If the background of the logo is black do the above but select screen in the compositing mode. It will make the black background 100% transparent and anything white 100% opaque. All the other colours will become "semi"- transparent.

This way looks nicer to me because the logo will be less conspicuous. You can reduce the opacity further if you wish with the track or event opacity adjustment.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 05-15-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Awesome thanks for the info! Much appreciated. I'll try it out later.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TomLimb View Post
    1. click on design button.
    2. At the top of the Design Survey tab, from the Title & Logo section click Add Logo.
    3. Click Choose File and pick the file (40KB or less) to upload.
    4. Click Save.

If you need to delete or replace it, then click Edit Logo and you can upload a new one. The logo will orient to follow the title, so if your title is centered your logo will be centered as well.
    I presume you're a spammer. I may be wrong. What's you excuse for this meaningless post?
    Tim

Ultimately to achieve a tranparent background for a Logo may mean you going to a Graphics Package like PS or PsP or some of the free versions out there. I've used PsP for at least 12 years now, and through its various incarnations has not let me down when I have been asked by the client to do this type of work.

Which leads me onto my next question: Do you have the rights or permission to fix a logo to video?

Perhaps OP is creating his own? but it's an important issue, if you were to "pinch" something like Coca-Cola or BP logos . . . expect some heavy-lawyers to come knocking. Almost any of the fore-mentioned graphics programs can "SaveAs" and choose .png as suggested in an earlier Post.............................................. .................Gracie, (next Post) Yes good point, if anyone has spent good money on a logo they'll want to keep It untarnished. I understand you aren't technically allowed to reproduce Police or National Rail logos, although if it's "just passing" that's probably OK......copyright is a veritable minefield.
    Last edited by vidmanners; 05-17-2013 at 02:40 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast