Thread: Is it possible to export 5760x1080 somehow?

Default Is it possible to export 5760x1080 somehow?

Hi. Im new to the forum nice to meet you guys. Hope i could get some help with my video editing projects.

I'm in the prossess of making a skyrim video to a song that will be played in a concert.

And iv decided that i really want to impress. Take it to the next level.

Im a skyrim graphical enthusiast so with my 2 GTX Titans in sli my skyrim looks increadible.
    Im running the game in nvidia surround and I also want my product to be shown in nsurround. Thats 5760x1080 pixels. Using 3 powerfull projectors connected to my pc in nvidia surround.

After many houres of testing i was finally able to record a hige quality 5760x1080 clip. The codec i used is Lagarith Lossless.
    Now my major problem is that nither Adobe premier cs 6 or Vegas can export files larger than the new 4k tv format. And frankly i think that sucks. Now that we have the gaming resolution 5760x1080 its about time video editing software kept up aswell.

So what do i do?

I have a few solutions but it requires software i havent been able to find.
    Is there a software that can take 3x1080p Avi clips and merge theme back into a singel 5760x1080 clip?

I'm short on time aswell, so i got to get this working somehow.
    I dont want to go down to 3860x768 as its looks terrible.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

(A similar query appeared here www.videoforums.co.uk/general-software-problems/42904-how-do-i-join-two-videos-more-together.html )

I have not tested this this with your res of clip, but here is an example which I have just written and tested on my pc.

I used 3 clips (1280 by 720), named a.mp4, b.mp4 and c.mp4. I put them into the same folder as FFMPEG; then used the following command to create a single 3840 by 720 clip which contained my original clips, side by side.

Code:
    ffmpeg -i a.mp4 -i b.mp4 -i c.mp4 -filter_complex "[0] scale=1280:720 ,pad=3840:720 [a]; [1] scale=1280:720 [b]; [2] scale=1280:720 [c]; [a][b] overlay=1280:0 [d];[d][c] overlay=2560:0" -y output.mp4

As you may see, the first section is padded out to be 3*1280 = 3840.
    The 2nd clip gets overlayed at position 1280,0. The 3rd clip gets overlayed at position 2560,0.

Hi. That would be amazing if it would work.
    However I am very unfamiliar with command line usage and the software.

Could you help me with a little newbie friendly step by step guide?
    Thanks a lot, if this works. It means i can! complet the project @ 5760x1080. And that would simply be amazing!

a) FFMPEG is described here FFmpeg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    b) The main site is at FFmpeg
    c) Windows Users can either download the latest "32 bit" or "64 bit" 'static' version from here: Zeranoe FFmpeg - Builds
    d) Microsoft's guide to opening a Command Prompt window Open a Command Prompt window
    e) Command Prompt: frequently asked questions

I am unable to provide a step-by-step guide. You should have some general understanding of using a Command Prompt, and how to navigate to the folder where your clips (and 'ffmpeg.exe') are located.
    Then. Use my original code, replace the values with the ones you need.
    Type or paste the Command into the prompt, FFMPEG will display its progress.

Pardon my ignorance, but where is OP getting the original movie-files - and why aren't they joined already, if they come from one (unusually large) sensor?

I assumed 'skyrim' was a game, playable with multiple monitors. And that the screen capture software was unable to handle 3 screens simultaneously.
    I am curious whether the OP found a solution. And would like to see a photo and explanation of the system working.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but where is OP getting the original movie-files - and why aren't they joined already, if they come from one (unusually large) sensor?
    skyrim - Google Search=

Thank you very much for your help I have now solved my problem The gamerecorder is able to record the resolution I'm playing in 5760x1080 just fine.
    Last edited by Aleksander.dev; 05-18-2013 at 04:12 PM.