Thread: 'If I Die Young' Music/Lyric video :)

Default 'If I Die Young' Music/Lyric video :)

Lyric video that I edited a couple of months ago. Constructive criticism would be appreciated!

If I Die Young (Music/Lyric Video) - YouTube

I think you made a very good job of this. The video was very fitting to the song. I'm sure it must have taken you some time to do.

The main down side was the abuse you gave to a perfectly innocent guitar.

Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think you made a very good job of this. The video was very fitting to the song. I'm sure it must have taken you some time to do.

The main down side was the abuse you gave to a perfectly innocent guitar.

Good job.
    Thank you It actually only took about 4 days!

It's okay, we didn't break it We realised that it slid across the snow and filmed it for fun. It was then later we realised that it fit in so well with the video

Well putting that together in four days is very fast. Just getting the lyrics to fit like you have them would take me a week.

Blog Entries

Very similar opinion to Midnight. I liked the use of a consistent style with just enogh variety in the graphics to maintain interest.
    My only conusion was the final shot - it seemed out of place. Was there any significance to it that I'm missing?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Very similar opinion to Midnight. I liked the use of a consistent style with just enogh variety in the graphics to maintain interest.
    My only conusion was the final shot - it seemed out of place. Was there any significance to it that I'm missing?
    There was no significance to it.. basically during editing, I'd forgotten to do the last part. By then the snow had completely melted (it went from about 5-6 inches to nothing in just over a day) and I wanted to get it finished so we filmed that at the very last minute. It does look out of place, but thank you for your reply

You did a good job, I notice over 1000 views, is there a big market for lyric videos? I can't say I've come across them before, are they used for karaoke or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    You did a good job, I notice over 1000 views, is there a big market for lyric videos? I can't say I've come across them before, are they used for karaoke or something?
    I'm not too sure how big the market is. I have no idea what people like in them and I don't really know how it got over 1000 views! It's my sister's Youtube Channel though so I think it's her audience as she's got over 1000 subscribers (or as she calls them, Hairy Bakers).