Thread: Vegas Pro: Deleting empty space at the end?

Default Vegas Pro: Deleting empty space at the end?

Hello, first post! And because Google has thus far failed me!

Been doing some very minor video editing lately, but it uses a lot of clips out of much larger things. And after 20 or 30 clips, I end up with two minutes of video and audio, in a track that's two hours long.
    I'm afraid that rendering this may include some empty space padding out the size, but mostly I just hate having a tiny scroll bar that zooms my past my work area whenever I try to move it.
    So, how do I get rid of the empty space at the end?

What is your question?

Vegas doesn't have empty space at the end. You may find that you have a small clip half a mile to the right that is causing vegas to assume you want half a mile of space before playing that last rogue clip. Whatever time length your render is, will tell you where the last clip is on the timeline, you may need to zoom in large just to spot it, some of them can be very skinny.

If that is your question?

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    If that is your question?
    We'll see.

Select to render a loop region that is the size of your edited 2 minute project. That leaves out the empty space and the unwanted remains which are bound to be there somewhere as Stripe suggests.
    Or you could copy the selected loop region and paste it to another instance of Vegas (open at the same time).
    Btw, you can also learn to use the Trimmer.
    Last edited by vkmast; 05-11-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Okay, that makes sense, thanks Mast and Stripe.
    My complaint was that, after working, I end up with a clip of about two minutes. And empty space--yes, I am absolutely certain I've removed every single frame--for another two hours.
    Maybe it's hidden or I'm dumb, but I still think every program should have a "remove everything after this point" button.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Machina View Post
    I still think every program should have a "remove everything after this point" button.
    Select Loop Region (e.g. from end of your project to end of timeline) and Delete = "remove everything after this point"
    You need to have Auto Ripple / All Tracks, Markers, Regions selected. Check where the project ends by pressing the Go to End button.
    See also what happens with the timeline, when you save, close and reopen the project.

I gather that your main complaint is in fact the Horizontal scroll bar though.
    From online Help (F1)
    Drag the scroll box to pan the view of the project left or right. The ends of the scroll bar also function as zoom controls.
    You can zoom the project in and out by dragging the edges of the scroll box.
    Double-clicking the horizontal scroll bar will zoom the project out so that the entire length of the project will be displayed.
    Last edited by vkmast; 05-11-2013 at 12:09 PM.