Thread: Vegas Pro Suite

Default Vegas Pro Suite

I just ran across this yesterday and upgraded to it today. It is the Vegas Pro Suite upgrade for us Vegas 12 users. The great thing about this is that it incorporates the Hitfilm Ultimate 2 effects and compositing software engine as a plugin, or it can be used as a standalone system. If you will look at the features, it can even do 2D and 3D motion tracking and much, much more. This is exactly what I have been waiting for, so that I can move on into mixing animation models with live action. I'm just posting it here because it is a great product and I'm very excited to begin using it and wanted to share the find.
    Digger (still in Kuwait)

I see how this might work for some people, if they also needed Sound forge or DVDA but to do it just to get Hitfilm Ultimate 2 doesn't work out cost wise as it would be cheaper to just buy it for $399 rather than upgrade from Vegas Pro 12 at $439.

I'm not meaning to pour cold water on this for you Digger, I just did a quick bit of math(s) and found it wouldn't really work for me.

I'm sure your going to have hours of fun with it.

As SCS currently has the Pro Suite offers going, those considering this upgrade should note some of these points.
    Upgrade Vegas Pro 12 to Vegas Pro 12 Suite. Please note: This upgrade does not include Vegas Pro 12, DVD Architect Pro 6, NewBlue Titler Pro, or Dolby Digital AC-3 Encoder software.
    It does include HitFilm 2 Ultimate to create a wide range of professional, realistic special effects; Sound Forge™ Pro 10, for audio mastering; Vegas Pro Production Assistant to automate workflow; and 100 royalty-free soundtracks for ready-made backgrounds.

That's very confusing as on one page it seems to says you get DVDA 6 but on another it says you don't.

MB,
    I read it so in the e-mail offer that you get DVD A Pro 6 with the new purchase of the Pro 12 Suite, but not with the Pro 12 to Pro 12 Suite upgrade. If you bought Vegas Pro (not the Edit version) you already got DVD APro with it.
    SCS should really update their comparison table to make all of this clear though.
    Last edited by vkmast; 05-10-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I see how this might work for some people, if they also needed Sound forge or DVDA but to do it just to get Hitfilm Ultimate 2 doesn't work out cost wise as it would be cheaper to just buy it for $399 rather than upgrade from Vegas Pro 12 at $439. I'm not meaning to pour cold water on this for you Digger, I just did a quick bit of math(s) and found it wouldn't really work for me. I'm sure your going to have hours of fun with it.
    Well, I figured that the $40 difference would get me a clean integration of Pro 12 with Hitfilm, plus the additional software packages and the music tracks, so I personally found that to be a cost effective bundle. And, as you said, I am already having fun with it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    As SCS currently has the Pro Suite offers going, those considering this upgrade should note some of these points.
    Upgrade Vegas Pro 12 to Vegas Pro 12 Suite. Please note: This upgrade does not include Vegas Pro 12, DVD Architect Pro 6, NewBlue Titler Pro, or Dolby Digital AC-3 Encoder software.
    I wondered about that when I upgraded (from Pro to Pro Suite) many months ago, but then I realised this is because you already have those items as part of Vegas Pro 12 - ie you do not get to (or need to) download them again.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    clean integration of Pro 12 with Hitfilm,
    I don't really find it integrated. Yes, you can launch HitFilm from within Vegas Pro, but switching is a bit hit and miss.
    Quote Originally Posted by worddigger View Post
    plus the additional software packages and the music tracks, so I personally found that to be a cost effective bundle. And, as you said, I am already having fun with it.
    I agree, it was the music that swung it for me when buying, but my biggest joy was actually Sound Forge Pro - specifically the Sony Noise Reduction Pro plugh in which is so much better than the noise reduction I was previously using.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I'm sure your going to have hours of fun with it.
    After watching a few of the tutorials, I feel this irresistible urge do do a light-saber effect. OMG! I'm infected.