Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: two curious grey pointers?

Default two curious grey pointers?

Hello.

I donít know if anyone else has come across this but here goes. I have noticed that whenever I add a transition and then try to remove it, Iím left with two curious grey pointers that do not go away but cause the video to skip whenever the clip reaches them? The only way I can get rid of them is to shorten my clip. Itís so frustrating especially when trying to achieve the desired effect with transitions. Any tips on dealing with this will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Paul.

ps. don't know why my attached pics always come out in wrong order...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure if this is the same thing but I've found that, when I remove a dissolve, I'm left with the in and out fades on the two events that were made as part of the dissolve. I use the quadrant (i.e. hover over the end of the event until the quarter circle appears) and draw these fades out by dragging to the end/start of the two events so I don't lose any footage

Hi richard.

I don't think that’s it because when I hover over them all I get is popup saying opacity 100%. I can’t move them either..

hi ichard.

I don't think that’s it because when I hover over them all I get is popup saying opacity 100%. I can’t move them either..

The little notch or grey pointer is showing you that you have reached the end of your clip length and that the clip is now looping, ie starting again from the beginning. This can occur at both ends of an event. It just shows you are dragging out the clip length too far so it starts from the beginning again because you have the event set to loop.

This is a good thing as it shows you when to stop drawing out the clip or event. I'd recommend using the interactive tutorial to become more familiar with the interface.

Hi Midnight Blue..

Many thanks. I’m not dragging out the clips at all. Simply dropping in the transaction to get the desired effect where it’s supposed to go. I have read and used the tutorials. Never had this problem before when adding transitions.

Cheers..

Paul.

I haven't heard of just adding a transition doing this to an event, very strange.

As MB says, this notch is the indication that the event is longer than the media it holds. Create first an overlapping region and drop the transition there to avoid the notches. This is shown in one of the interactive tutorials.

Try Dragging the FRONT Edge of the 2nd Event further into that 1st Event - I'll bet you'll get a Loop Notch - 'cos I do.

Do I want to drag the front edge of the event (size the event)? If I move the event, I do get the one corner notch though.
    Last edited by vkmast; 05-08-2013 at 08:20 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast