Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: apple devices strange forum behaviour...

Default apple devices strange forum behaviour...

When accessing the DD forum on iPhone or ipad via safari the forum does not update on each new visit. Ie if its been a few days since my last visit threads are the same as my previous visit.

Do t have the problem using chrome or opera. However.... Links to youtube and Vimeo don't appear in threads when using chrome and opera??
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

That's strange. What version of iOS are you using? I use Tapatalk 2 to view the site on my iPhone, but use Safari on my iPad. I haven't experienced this issue.

The Viemo and YouTube links is a known issue to me, but isn't consistent. I think this it is because the embed software tries to embed videos that cannot be displayed on iOS devices. Very annoying. I will look into this as a priority.

While we are talking about this sort of thing. I'm getting a new android phone soon, do I need an a special app to access the site on this device (Galaxy S4) or can I just use the normal browser that comes with it, Chrome I think.

I understand this question may show how un-tech savvy I am with smart phones.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    While we are talking about this sort of thing. I'm getting a new android phone soon, do I need an a special app to access the site on this device (Galaxy S4) or can I just use the normal browser that comes with it, Chrome I think.

I understand this question may show how un-tech savvy I am with smart phones.
    We have an android app (you can use tapatalk or our own one) but you can still browse the site in chrome if you want.

Blog Entries

To add, if either of you would like to use tapatalk , drop me a message and I will reimburse the charge. Viewing on tapatalk will fix your link issue enc.

Marc, I have tap talk but my preferred browser is opera. Main reason.... Even when using iphone i prefer the familiarity of the desktop version of the site. secondly, I have my opera start page set up with the home page of sites I visit (fairly regular) so it's easy to swap between sites leaving myself logged in .... Err, that's another issue with DD but we won't go there again

Only time I would use safari on iPhone while browsing DD would be if I want to access a youtube link from here.
    Last edited by enc; 05-07-2013 at 09:42 PM.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

I haven't got my phone yet and I don't even know what tapatalk is or why you would pay for it when you can use something that's free.

Ok I've now read up on it. I'll have to see what it's like to just use Chrome before I start giving away my personal information to yet another company. Is it just me or is anyone else disturbed by the intrusion of privacy by all these apps.

Blog Entries

Is it just me or is anyone else disturbed by the intrusion of privacy by all these apps.
    I've given up considering information as "personal". I now treat my life in 3 categories: open, private and confidential. I'm open about things I don't mind others collecting (anonymously or otherwise) such as my browsing habits, my inside leg measurement and whether I have kids. I treat as private things I don't want shared with people other than an inside circle of friends. For example my career aspirations and my social life. I rarely post such things on social media such as Facebook. Confidential is just that. I'd never release these details such as my salary to anyone unless absolutely required.

Is it just me or is anyone else disturbed by the intrusion of privacy by all these apps.
    im disturbed by the intrusion of privacy on the internet in general. sadly for lots of internet related stuff its a necessary evil

Google and the like will have a lot to answer for, come the revolution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast