Thread: Burning DVDs from Premiere MPEG files...advice please

Default Burning DVDs from Premiere MPEG files...advice please

Advice in an article by Marc Peters advises exporting MPEG files from the Premiere encoder to a separate application to create a DVD with Menus.. I would appreciate any advice on the choice of a suitable application for this..Many thanks in advance..

Default I would suggest ...

... the TMPGENC application. It comes highly recommended by a lot of video people, and it's free! Find it at http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html.
    There\'s nothing like video editing ... Taking the most boring subject, and making it look exciting ...

Default Wait a minute

I just re-read your post. Sorry, I guess you are asking about DVD applications? I have had good success with Ulead's DVD Movie Factory; there are a lot of others out there that are good too. Do a search on Yahoo/Google and check them out.
    There\'s nothing like video editing ... Taking the most boring subject, and making it look exciting ...

Leave your files in .avi format and import directly into Nero Vision Express 3. This will give you great quality with required menue options.

Kneal

Adobe encore DVD works a treat!...import avi...make enue...fix up a few things and therire u have it!

Default Thanks...

Many thanks for your advice guys...Am I right in thinking that you can author the DVDs in Premier, but the other Apps. suggested are more versatile....or have I got it completely wrong!!!...John R

Only started editing on a PC in April, the shortest learning curve for me was to use the s-ware that came with the Panny camera. Edit the imported .avi file, render the edited file back to .avi, it takes about 25 min for 1.5 hrs video. This .avi file is then imported into Nero Vision Express 3 and output to DVD. This last process takes on avg 2.15 hrs but I set it off last thing at night with an auto switch off. The Nero I use came free with the Sony 720 DVD burner.
    LukeD is correct Adobe Encore is probably the best but a lot more complex than Nero.