Thread: VW Jetta Clean Diesel :)

Default VW Jetta Clean Diesel :)

Hey everyone! I finally got around to taking a video of my new car, I love this thing! Diesel power FTW!!!! Anyway hope you enjoy the video. I tried to make it very commercial-ish, or like a video you would see on a car dealership website or something, I dunno, C&C welcomed thank you!

2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Commercial - YouTube

It was nice photography, and a nice atmosphere, I think you got the feel right. You must be a contortionist, I'm sure there was slider work in that back seat lol.

I was a bit disturbed about the flow of cuts, at least twice you panned right/left followed by a similar shot panning the opposite way. The first 20 seconds the car was jumping about and changing direction all over the place. I'd say the cuts need organising better to bring the viewer gradually closer, rather than close/far/close/far/left then right facing etc

I agree with Stripe, I thought it was nice photography. I didn't have an issue with the slider shots, I was just impressed with the smooth motion and you kept good focus. Except for one shot. The only recommendation is to try a higher shot looking down.

Good job.

Very very nice. You captured the atmosphere of a typical VW add with the low key shots and music. Vw adds are usually very urban and with this in mind i wasn't n sure about the location at first but it worked out in the end. Lovely camera movement what did you use ?
    Only let down IMO was when you started the car up !!! Not exactly the pure of a v6.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I agree with Stripe, I thought it was nice photography. I didn't have an issue with the slider shots, I was just impressed with the smooth motion and you kept good focus. Except for one shot. The only recommendation is to try a higher shot looking down.

Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    Very very nice. You captured the atmosphere of a typical VW add with the low key shots and music. Vw adds are usually very urban and with this in mind i wasn't n sure about the location at first but it worked out in the end. Lovely camera movement what did you use ?
    Only let down IMO was when you started the car up !!! Not exactly the pure of a v6.
    Thanks for the feedback, Yeah the tdi doesn't sound the best, maybe when I get a full turboback and a malone tune

Blog Entries

I thought the slider was somewhat overused, which meant you were faced with a sequence of shots with the camera going one way, and then another. The slider was also used tracking either left or right only. It also goes up, down, forward and back which gives you more options and variety.

Personally, I felt the music interpretation was a bit too literal, with each of the 3 note sequences having 3 corresponding cuts. I would have used these to highlight one feature by using the slider during this sequence.

in summary, I would have
    • used the slider sparingly and in different ways
    • used the music in a less obvious way

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    The slider was also used tracking either left or right only. It also goes up, down, forward and back which gives you more options and variety.
    Funnily enough I was about to post that the shot where I thought the slider was most impressive was the dolly in aourd 43secs!
    Tim

thank you for the feedback everyone!