Thread: Multicam Editing and event FX

Default Multicam Editing and event FX

I'm editing a multicam project using Vegas Pro 12 for Blu-ray

Normally when enabling multicam on Vegas, all motion, event FX and colour correction changes are lost when creating a multicam track.
    As a workaround I've been rendering the clips to MP2 and then putting that on the timeline instead of the original video to preserve any changes I've made before editing in multicam.
    That seems to work fine for DVD, but what render settings would I use for Blu-ray as Vegas cannot see the rendered .m2v file (Blu-ray 1920x1080-50i 25 Mbps video stream template ) when I attempt to import back into the Vegas timeline?
    As I don't want to degrade the quality of the video, could anyone suggest what lossless render template I can use for Blu-ray?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by paz; 04-30-2013 at 05:59 PM.

I've never use the multicam function in Vegas but wouldn't it be better for you to do the cutting first then the colour correction.

If you render to HDV 1080 template and change the width setting from 1440 to 1920 this will probably be ok for you. It will create a .m2t file which Vegas will accept. There are some lossless .avi options you could use but these are huge files and you might not even notice the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I've never use the multicam function in Vegas but wouldn't it be better for you to do the cutting first then the colour correction.
    Not got too far with this project so taken your advice and decided to start over
    Thanks again