Thread: I made a teaser trailer - Reverie

Default I made a teaser trailer - Reverie

Heres a teaser trailer what I made for a pervasive street game, theres a lot more video stuff hidden away for players to find in the weeks before the main event which I can't share :( I enjoyed making this one though

Well it does create an intriguing mystery. It makes me want to find out what it's all about, so I guess that's part of the brief fulfilled.

well if your around Cardiff at the end of May you should come play

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Well it does create an intriguing mystery. It makes me want to find out what it's all about, so I guess that's part of the brief fulfilled.
    Quite the reverse with me I'm afraid.
    It gave me the feeling "if you can't be arsed to tell me what this is about, I can't be arsed to be interested" Sorry :(
    Tim

I suppose that goes to show you can't please all the people all the time.

Blog Entries

It's rare you please both Tim and Dave. That would be the VideoForums two thumbs up.

I note it is part funded by the 'national lottery' and 'arts council of wales' and the 'welsh government'. I don't mind gamblers contributing, but I would prefer none of my taxes went into it. I tend to have an automated low opinion of artists who cannot create without external funding.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I tend to have an automated low opinion of artists who cannot create without external funding.
    Generally speaking, art funded by the public is for the public. Private investment is ultimately for the benefit of an individual or business. Personally I'm happy for my small proportion of tax to be made available to creative individuals if that benefits the wider community, and particularly where private funding would never be forthcoming.

Thanks for the comments guys, loving it
    the teaser is for a game. Pervasive street games are relatively new and appeal mostly to gamers and people who enjoy chasing intrigue, so I've no problem with those less willing to 'play', it's an acquired taste, luckily for us one that is becoming a little more trendy.

funding- I guess the argument here is that between us as a company (3 of us) we've racked up over 12 years of not being funded and have achieved a lot as individuals in that time, so to have a publicly funded project which is for the public to play is really something to be proud of, we gain some recognition as producers and we get to showcase an experience to the public that has not been very dominant in South Wales so far.
    Equally, we run a number of projects that are either self initiated or commissioned by private parties, so one or two grants to help us keep in touch with our audiences and show them new things isn't so bad in my opinion.

10. Default

haha it's not very compelling!