Thread: How to make certain sections "repeat"

Default How to make certain sections "repeat"

Hello, I have the latest Vegas Program and I was wanting to make a "remix" video to start off with.

I would like to know how to, get the video....ok, say for example a part in a video a man looks up and says hello, how would I have that section pop like 3 times in a row to where he was like hello, hello, hello, and move to the next part? I basically want to play music in the background, and rearrange the video. I hope that makes sense

I am not looing for a full tutorial, but a push in the right direction would be great!

O...K...

1] Isolate/Make a selection of the piece you want to repeat - maybe 0.5 second?

2] Hit "S" for Split. This will make a precise tiny, separated Selection.

3] Right click on this tiny Selection and choose "Create Subclip".

4] PULL OUT the End of this Subclip to the Right, to the number of repeats you want!

Job done!

That's 4 steps? And it'll take you 6 seconds to do!

I think this is too simplistic to understand why you can't work it out your self. Just duplicate the clip of the person saying hello three times. Copy and paste.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    O...K...

1] Isolate/Make a selection of the piece you want to repeat - maybe 0.5 second?

2] Hit "S" for Split. This will make a precise tiny, separated Selection.

3] Right click on this tiny Selection and choose "Create Subclip".

4] PULL OUT the End of this Subclip to the Right, to the number of repeats you want!

Job done!

That's 4 steps? And it'll take you 6 seconds to do!

I really appreciate youtaking the time to answer my question! So if I want to do a lot of different sections to cut, just do the same thing I assume? Then I can paste this all together for one video? is it posible to add your own music to the background?

Well, I have never edited a video before, nor have I used Vegas Pro or any other software for music editing. So it is not that easy for me, but I am not dumb and can pick things up rather quickly so I just wanted a starting point.

when you've done that you may find the repeats lose their magic...you can learn about Pan/Crop to alter the aparent view of each clip, this should maintain viewer interest. (but try to keep the subject's head in the same position.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Milew23 View Post
    Well, I have never edited a video before, nor have I used Vegas Pro or any other software for music editing. So it is not that easy for me, but I am not dumb and can pick things up rather quickly so I just wanted a starting point.
    The I thoroughly recommend you work through the interactive tutorials (or "Show Me How") under Help. It may seem basic, but it will help you to get a good grounding and use the right terminology which will help you comminicate with people better when you request & receive help.
    Enjoy your new hobby!
    Tim