Thread: New member, hi!

Default New member, hi!

Hi there,

My name is Dan Taylor and I've been into video/film making for about a year or so. I got into it via one of my hobbies (Rc helicopters) and then bought a DSLR and some lenses etc etc. A year on and I've had a few jobs here and there ranging from Weddings, Corporate events to outdoor competition type events. I love it all! I still have a full time job that pays the bills until such time that my passion for video can translate into it paying the bills.

Would be great to get some info and advice from those that have been doing it a while, this is my first video related forum as I've basically just "had a go" at things up to this point. I'll be posting some questions etc at some point later, but for now, Hi!

All the best,

Dan

Hi Dan,
    I'm Eric, and replying for a couple reasons. The first probably not so important, but there is a sticky in this subforum for introductions that you might also want to post to? Second, and why I replied, is This is only my second post to such a forum myself, and as a fellow Junior/freshman member here, I thought I would say hi, so Hi, glad to meet ya.

Hey Eric, you see, I knew I'd get something wrong!

Dan

Actually Dan, I found the introduce yourself thread and posted my first post there, and got no acknowledgement. I don't know what proper forum etiquette is to be honest, but at the other forum I am a member with, I, and a handful of others try to great new members when they come on board. 80% of them never post again, and of those who stay, well sometimes you think 15% new posters would not be so bad. So my aim was not to point out any mistake, as that really is not for any newbe to say anyway, but more to great you, because to this newbe it feels like the proper thing to do.

Take Care, ~E~

HI guys, welcome to the forum. The only advice I can give at this point is the learn your craft by doing lots of filming.

Have fun.