Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Floo - A New Video Editing System

1. Lightbulb Floo - A New Video Editing System

Hey!

I am working on a project which targets to provide a new way of video editing. The system is designed for the earlier stages of the editing process where a story needs to be created with the available content. I target to more involve the different people involved with the movie in the actual process of making the rough cut and letting any of them contribute to the shaping of the story. I believe that such a system can make the editing process more creative through discussion and play resulting in a more explorative and social way of editing.

As a teaser I made the movie below and I would like to hear your thought on this concept. Hope you enjoy!

I will be prototyping several modules in the coming month, but this is still a lot of work, so I will give you an update when I am that far! Any feedback, remarks, comments, questions or suggestions are very much appreciated!

Regards,
    Terence

It's a nice looking video but should it have audio as I wasn't getting anything.

3. Default

No sound indeed. I am very picky when it comes to the music for a movie and I just could not find the perfect match for now.

Ok I take your point about a music track but I would have thought a voice over would be a good idea for this video.

It definitely would be more engaging with some kind of sound. Can't fault you for wanting to get the right music, but it is better to take your time finding something ideal rather than posting it with nothing in place.
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Is that real? Some explanation would have been nice, but so amazing I was intrigued enough to want to work it out.

But come on, did you really email the new composition just by shaking a sardine tin toward a monitor?

I feel drunk, checking for April Fools, nope, haha, but I'd like to think this is the future.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Ok I take your point about a music track but I would have thought a voice over would be a good idea for this video.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fingercuff View Post
    It definitely would be more engaging with some kind of sound. Can't fault you for wanting to get the right music, but it is better to take your time finding something ideal rather than posting it with nothing in place.
    Definitely valid points and something I should consider earlier on in the process, unfortunately I had to shift activities due to time :( The main goal of this movie is that I am trying to get an idea of what the people in this field think about such a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Is that real? Some explanation would have been nice, but so amazing I was intrigued enough to want to work it out.
    But come on, did you really email the new composition just by shaking a sardine tin toward a monitor?
    I feel drunk, checking for April Fools, nope, haha, but I'd like to think this is the future.
    Haha, no it is not real, not yet anyhow. It is a project which I am working on for my study. Of course the movie is an ideal view on the system, but most of the interactions, such as throwing it at the screen, are very doable. In the coming month I will be developing a prototype which will showcase several of the interactions. When it is finished I will post it here too.

I'd like to see the controllers changed up a bit. In a way that you have the digital files on a long reel of acetate strip, then when the blu tooth film splicer is used to cut the acetate strip each bit can be pieced together with digital tape. I think it's the future.

David.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by david walsh View Post
    I'd like to see the controllers changed up a bit. In a way that you have the digital files on a long reel of acetate strip, then when the blu tooth film splicer is used to cut the acetate strip each bit can be pieced together with digital tape. I think it's the future.

David.
    Interesting! If I understand correctly it is a bit more like returning to the old way of working (using film) but then in a more digital integrated way. As I see it, the shift to computers has suppressed a richer interaction, but with current technologies I think that we might be able to bring back some of this richness where suitable.

Love your concept, reminds of conceptual work the guys at Aatma studios do iPhone 5 Concept Features - YouTube
    There are massive changes happening in the world of video post, I'm working on building a share and review platform for work-in-progress videos Landing Page – Forums | WIP Videos so really looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast