Thread: First Music Video

Question First Music Video

So this is my first music video. i thought it was decent for my first time. shot and edited in 4 days. this is for my grade 12 media class. i do not own rights to the song. this was for education purposes

tell me what you think!

A very good effort.

I'm not sure about the lighting of the interior shots. I can't tell if you didn't white balanced the camera or if you graded it to look orange/brown. Mostly the editing was good. I think at the end it would have been good to hear the gunshot, you could have timed it so it bangs at the end of the female line of the song. The only thing that didn't look right was the girl hitting the guy and when he dropped the gun. It didn't look right, She should have give the wood a real big swing and he looked more like he threw the gun rather than dropping out of his hand.

The narrative, well I didn't get the flashback aspect at first, until I read your blurb on Vimeo. So I guess either I'm stupid or this is the weak point of the video. Often a different grading can help to convey a shift in time which might help.

I think it's still a good video, even with the confusing narrative.