Thread: Sony Vegas Pro 12. Slow Motion help?

Default Sony Vegas Pro 12. Slow Motion help?

So I have been trying to do something but it doesnt seem to work.. -.- I right click the video in the timeline, go to properties, then change playback rate to "0.500". The slow motion loooks good but the sound is at normal speed. How do I fix that? I have tried using Velocity but sometimes it would just play back like clip from before this one... the sound is still at normal speed..

Any help?

Right click on the audio and select a method of time stretching for example "classic" change the "New audio length" to twice the original. This should sync. up the audio with the video at half speed.

That's one way to do it but I think you just need to expand the video clip back to it's full length after you have halved the speed. ie if original was 1 min long drag it out to 2 mins long as it is playing a half the speed. So long as the audio is grouped with the video it will stretch out to play at the same speed as the video. ie half speed.
    Last edited by Midnight Blue; 04-13-2013 at 11:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Right click on the audio and select a method of time stretching for example "classic" change the "New audio length" to twice the original. This should sync. up the audio with the video at half speed.

That's one way to do it but I think you just need to expand the video clip back to it's full length after you have halved the speed. ie if original was 1 min long drag it out to 2 mins long as it is playing a half the speed. So long as the audio is grouped with the video it will stretch out to play at the same speed as the video. ie half speed.

Thanks alot man. Just that the audio doesnt sound as good. How do I fix that?
    This is something I want.
    Skip to 2:17
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dkOharffPnM
    AND what effect is he using?

Last edited by IBIubbleTea; 04-14-2013 at 12:29 AM.

The only quality options you have is the "stretch attributes". You will have to choose one depending on the type of audio you have. It can sometimes sound better when rendered than when you are just previewing in Vegas.

I don't think you told me the right time in the example video as he didn't do anything at 2:17

The only quality options you have is the "stretch attributes". You will have to choose one depending on the type of audio you have. It can sometimes sound better when rendered than when you are just previewing in Vegas.

I don't think you told me the right time in the example video as he didn't do anything at 2:17

Do you see his slow motion and effect blur thing?

Not at 2:17.

Not at 2:17.
    Ugh. Do you mind watching the WHOLE video?

8. Default

According to my experince hold the ctrl key of your cam, select the end of clip, your mouse pointer turn into two directions arrow wit box,then press down,slide to right for slow and left to sped up.
    Last edited by TomLimb; 04-17-2013 at 08:51 AM.