Thread: Getting Preview on an External Monitor in Premiere Pro CS6

Default Getting Preview on an External Monitor in Premiere Pro CS6

Guys,
    I've been a Sony Vegas user for a couple of years now and I've mastered it.Now with the release of Creative Suite 6 from Adobe I made the harsh decision of dumping Vegas in the bin and switching to the whole line of Adobe Software.
    I've been using Premiere for 2 months now and being truly honest to myself,I like the software and I like working in it,and I have to say I've mastered it already.
    I can't seem to figure out where the "External Preview Monitor" option in the software is.
    I've tried Googling and YouTubing for solutions but I couldn't find a way to do just that,I know mastering the software and not knowing this is just pretty stupid.
    Anyhow,In one of the tutorial I was asked to go the Player settings under Preferences and change the monitor preference.I am running 3 Monitors on an Nvidia GT 640 1 HDMI,2 DVI.
    I have the software laid out on the 2 DVI output monitors and I want the preview to be on the HDMI output.So much for mastering the software.
    Anyhow,I am running all of these monitors on 1920x1080 resolutions,and playing with the Player settings didn't prove fruitful at all.
    So,At last I undocked the Preview pane and dragged it out to my 3rd unused monitor and resized the pane to fit the screen,However I can't seem to get the full punch while editing and Custom Cinemascoping Shortfilms is a serious problem.
    If any one of you guys know how to get External Preview on a monitor like how we get from Vegas and FCP will be really nice.
    Here are my system specs.
    AMD A8 5500-Quad Core 3.2 Ghz
    16 GB RAM
    Nvidia GT 640-2 GB Triple Monitor Set-up [1 HDMI,2 DVI]
    6 TB HDD
    FOCUSRITE SAPPHIRE PRO 40 Ext Soundcard
    Windows 7 64 Bit-ULTIMATE
    Single User

I think Menu "Edit/Preferences" has a item for "Playback". That screen should list all the 'Video Devices' available (but may give them names like 'Adobe Monitor 1'). I suspect it will list all your monitors. Select your preference and press 'OK'. That screen should now receive the video of the "Reference Monitor' window.
    Last edited by TimAndrews; 04-13-2013 at 08:20 PM. Reason: add additional word "Reference" monitor.

I did this just now,But nothing.!

What do you mean by 'nothing'? Do you have the Menu options? Are your monitors listed in the 'Video devices'? Can you select an item? Can you open a ''Resource Monitor' window?
    I don't know why it won't work for you. I might recommend raising it as a bug with Adobe.