Thread: sony dvd studio 5 upright pics

Default sony dvd studio 5 upright pics

you know when you rotate the camera sideways to get a tall thing in the picture?
    well on a trial i am wondering how i can use another picture of canvas with a hole in it, in the same postition as the upright picture.
    then we will see a pic of canvas say with a hole showing the tall picture thru it.
    so i don't have black at the sides.
    a matte really i suppose!
    how do i do this
    thanks all
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by anon125; 04-13-2013 at 12:41 AM.

If you are talking about having Sony Movie Studio and not DVD studio, then you could do it but DVD studio is for making a DVD from a finished piece so you can't do what you want with that.

If I was you, I would do this in photo shop to get the correct aspect ratio to not get black bars.

Like MB says, you could do what you seem to want in Movie Studio (Platinum). You probably don't want your Eiffel cropped (or stretched), so here's a screenshot of the timeline and you only 'Save Snapshot to File' to get the image file that you want. The other NLEs should have similar options.
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...1/FillBkgd.JPG
    But best to do this using a capable picture editor like Photoshop. In DVD A Studio 5 you can right-click your image file and open it in your preferred graphics editor, if you have set it accordingly in Options / Preferences / Video.

OP might like to try Movie Studio's "Crop/Pan" as this would allow the screen to be filled, then pan up/down the Still, as the mood takes you. I think this was popularised by Director Ken Barnes...(anyone?)
    Provided the image is quite good quality, then there may be enough pixels for it not to become pixilated, but don't push it.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    OP might like to try Movie Studio's "Crop/Pan" as this would allow the screen to be filled, then pan up/down the Still, as the mood takes you. I think this was popularised by Director Ken Barnes...(anyone?)
    Provided the image is quite good quality, then there may be enough pixels for it not to become pixilated, but don't push it.
    vidmanners,
    I believe you're in fact referring to Ken Burns and the famous Ken Burns effect.
    Talking of Ken Barnes, one Ken Barnes (there are others of course) was one of my favourite U.S. rock writers in the 70's and 80's. He wrote for many rock mags including Rolling Stone, Creem and Phonograph Record and is still active AFAIK. Sorry for digressing