Thread: Adobe After Effects CS6 Question (I Need Help)

Default Adobe After Effects CS6 Question (I Need Help)

hey guys I'm new to this forum but I feel seeing as I'm interested in Video Editing I feel I need somewhere like this to discuss further knowledge with you guys. So any way my question is that, Have you ever seen the effect where there might be a BMX clip of someone ramping really high in the sky and is twixtor to slow down and they some how mask the BMX rider out so they can speed the up the sky I think it makes for a really nice contrast between the sky and the rider so my question is, Is there any tutorials on how to do this or is it quite rare out of all edits I have seen that is the only one I have seen.

It is best to post a link to an example of the effect.

However, the principle appears straightforward. You have described it. A clip is slowed down. A mask is applied to separate the object from the background. The masked clip is then layered over a clip of the background which is not slowed down.
    Although you refer to Twistor, AE already comes with the 'pixel motion' frame blending option in the Timewarp effect; which might be as effective.
    Adobe After Effects * Time effects