Thread: Imagine Dragons stop motion MUSIC VIDEO

Cool Imagine Dragons stop motion MUSIC VIDEO

Radioactive - Stop Motion Music Video HD - YouTube

Hey!

This is my stop motion music video for Radioactive by Imagine Dragons. I filmed it on a borrowed Canon550D and it took a solid week of filming to get the raw footage since stop motion is so time consuming, but it was good fun.

I'm interested to see what you guys think of it, so any advice you have is much appreciated.

That. Was. Amazing.

I can't believe how long it must have taken to do.

Blog Entries

Maybe you should have taken two weeks
    Sorry I found it just far too jerky. It was much more like a sequence of jump cuts than a stop motion animation. You needed each shot to last for fewer frames and more intermediate shots.
    One of the lessons I guess you've learned from this is that it is absolutely essential to have constant lighting throughout a sequence of shots.
    But I did like the idea of teh GorrilaPod and a MiniDV tape for a character
    Tim

I guess I must be the middle man as I didn't like it as much as MMZephyr but didn't dislike it as much as Tim. It's true what he says. I think you need something like 12 frames per second to make it look smooth.

I don't know if there is any way to deal with this now. You could experiment by slowing down the video to half speed and you might be lucky to get the editing software to double the number of frames with interpolation. Then put the slowed down video into the editor and speed it up to the correct speed. This might make the end result look smoother OR it might just be a waste of time.

That's the excitement of science experiments.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I guess I must be the middle man as I didn't like it as much as MMZephyr but didn't dislike it as much as Tim. It's true what he says. I think you need something like 12 frames per second to make it look smooth.

I don't know if there is any way to deal with this now. You could experiment by slowing down the video to half speed and you might be lucky to get the editing software to double the number of frames with interpolation. Then put the slowed down video into the editor and speed it up to the correct speed. This might make the end result look smoother OR it might just be a waste of time.

That's the excitement of science experiments.
    Haha I had planned to use optical flow in FCX originally, but it didn't seem to want to play ball with pictures for some reason. I might be able to get it to work if I import the pictures as a video.