Thread: New Blackmagic Design Cameras

Blog Entries

Default New Blackmagic Design Cameras

Following the 2.5K BMD Cinema Camera I nee BMD has annonced a 4K "Professional" and this Micro Four Thirds camera - at 665 this looks VERY interesting
    Tim

It actually looks pretty amazing -- I'm not sure that "now you can travel to natural disasters and war zones" is the best way to market your product, but otherwise it looks great. Audio capture would probably be OK but not great? Maybe use an external audio capture device?

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Following the 2.5K BMD Cinema Camera I nee BMD has annonced a 4K "Professional" and this Micro Four Thirds camera - at 665 this looks VERY interesting
    There is something so wrong and yet so right about the image on their website...

"80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen

you mean the Marlboro man in the first picture or the wild west shot below it?

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    you mean the Marlboro man in the first picture or the wild west shot below it?
    Can't figure out how to post it on here. It's the one in here...http://www.hdwarrior.co.uk/wp-conten...agic-title.jpg

How do I post piccies?

Anyhow, I'll probably plump for the 4k but Jan 2015. What a camera!!!!! This is the start of something huge!
    "80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen

Excuse my ignorance. I don't understand the expression "feature film style 13 stops of dynamic range". Is this akin to HDR image, where the file contains a very wide range of shades; leaving it to editors with an enormous control to prevent over and underexposure? Is this similar in principle to the 'Red' system?

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Excuse my ignorance. I don't understand the expression "feature film style 13 stops of dynamic range". Is this akin to HDR image, where the file contains a very wide range of shades; leaving it to editors with an enormous control to prevent over and underexposure? Is this similar in principle to the 'Red' system?
    I believe you are correct