Thread: Sony TVR22E

Default Sony TVR22E

Hi,

Can someone please help me out with a problem I have?

I want to download my filme from this camera to my computer, using Pinnacle Studio 9 and find that the following is happening.

When I attach the Firewire cable to the camera (the other end being in the computer socket)I get the words DV IN appear on the cameras LCD screen - remove the lead and it disppears. I vaguely remember using this function to reload edited film back into the camera some time ago and obviously I had set up either the camera or the computer to do this - but can I remember what I did - can I heck : I cannot download the film I have on the camera and I'd say that this is due to this set up.

Could someone explain how to return it to download from this camera to the Studio 9 software (this is throwing up notices saying
    I have not connected the camera correctly mentioned the Firewire connection. )

Help will be much appreciated.
    Les

DV IN always appears when you connect the firewire cable and turn the camcorder to play/VCR while you have the blue screen. It doesn't mean you can't upload to computer. As soon as the film starts playing DV IN disappears.

Pinnacle can be a bit 'touchy' about recognising the camcorder, but I find the best way is to go into 'capture' before turning the cam to VCR - Pinnacle says it can't connect, then turn the cam to VCR and windows will detect it, say yes to edit with Pinnacle, go into 'set up' and 'source' and confirm the obvious. Then just 'start capture' and hope it does. They say Pinnacle is unstable, and this is probably the most unstable bit, but once it starts capturing you're usually OK.

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Default GillianG

Thank you for your reply - I have solved this problem after a hassle. Not only was DV IN showing (thanks for the explanation!) but it was also complaining that I hadn't got a 1394 connection! I tried another program (part of Easy Creator) and, after installing another file that it required downloading was achieved - though the pictures didn't show in the program monitor - nevertheless it was downloaded propely. I uninstalled Studio 9 forgetting that I'd need a key to open it - emailed Evesham sho had originally installed it - to be told the key is printed on the disk - egg on face after I looked. Reinstalled it and that too works but again no picture shown in it's monitor. Clearly an adjustment in windows XP - but what? Again I have emailed the manufacturer and await an answer - unless, of course, you know why thi should be - it was OK when last used some 8 months ago.
    Les

I have a couple of times recently found that I am capturing without anything in the monitor, the time is ticking away and that's all you have to go on, but each time the video was all there when I came to edit it.

Gillian
    Win XP, Athlon 1.8, G force 3 T, 1 60gig drive + 1 250 gig, Pinnacle Studio 9 plus mostly, Premiere 6, and Vegas 5 sometimes, Soundforge, Cool Edit.

Default GillianG

I've downloaded the same film through Windows Movie Maker and, in this, ithe monitor does show what is being downloaded. As you say, the picture is fully downloaded any way so - no sweat!

Cheers
    Les