Thread: Intro for a gaming channel on youtube: in need of feedback

Question Intro for a gaming channel on youtube: in need of feedback

I'm an amateur video editor, "playing" around in sony vegas. I like doing it, but sadly i'm not all too good. It took me a few times trying to come up with this intro as yet again it turned out to be "different" from what i imagined. Different in a good way this time and now i'm pretty happy with it. But something is bothering me, i can't get a hold on it. Something just doesn't feel right. I hope somebody is able to help me.
    Many thanks in advance for your feedback!

I think there is very little on which to comment.

Maybe:
    1) the font in the header is not easy to read. Perhaps the letters should appear slightly further apart.
    2) the words are not easy to read. Perhaps the choice of red (with black) shadows does not look clear against a background of orange and black.
    3) the text has a shadow, but the 'bee' does not.
    4) the positions of the text are not at their best. They appear to ignore the conventions of the 'golden section' (or similar system).
    5) the flashing of the 'start the gaming experience' appears a little too fast and furious.
    6) there is a strange, almost unreadable text at the bottom of the screen. Looks like "Gastcr".
    7) For the 1st few secs, we only see a static image.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I think there is very little on which to comment.

Maybe:
    1) the font in the header is not easy to read. Perhaps the letters should appear slightly further apart.
    2) the words are not easy to read. Perhaps the choice of red (with black) shadows does not look clear against a background of orange and black.
    3) the text has a shadow, but the 'bee' does not.
    4) the positions of the text are not at their best. They appear to ignore the conventions of the 'golden section' (or similar system).
    5) the flashing of the 'start the gaming experience' appears a little too fast and furious.
    6) there is a strange, almost unreadable text at the bottom of the screen. Looks like "Gastcr".
    7) For the 1st few secs, we only see a static image.
    Thanks for the reply! I forgot to insert a shadow for the bee, took care of it now. The strange text is "crester". It was a mark of the artist who had drawn the bee for us (Crester). We agreed i could remove the mark now. As for the static image, thats what i was aiming at actually :P. I don't know what you are are trying to say by "golden section", so i guess i have some research to do.