Thread: A Short Action Film with a few cool effects!

Cool A Short Action Film with a few cool effects!

Here is a short film I made with some of my friends. I'm a senior in high school and on my free time I decided to script and plan a little movie. So after many days of shooting and over 90 hours of editing, effects, rendering, audio recording, ect I finally finished my movie! Now the editing is "ok" and I know you guys will laugh at the acting but I think I did an OK job at some of the effects so please check it out and give me your thoughts!

Sharp Fires - Short Action Video - YouTube

Visually, I think you made a very good job of this. The sound design (Foley, music) is also very good but slightly let down by the recording of the dialogue especially the first scene. I've heard much worse and I'm not saying it was bad this is just in comparison with the rest of the audio.

I'm sure you know the weakest part of the production is the acting and I don't knock you about this. All the cast seemed very committed to their roles and I applaud them for that.

Generally I think you should be very pleased with what you have produced, I would be.

Well done.

Thank you very much for the kinds words and constructive critsism! The audio in the beginining was recorded with a Zoom h4n microphone. It wasnt suppose to be used in the movie but my friends couldnt find time to re-record the audio so I just left the "bad" sounding audio for the scene