- convert from Sony Digital Camera using firewire
- capture using MyDVD5.2...avi file
- edit with Showbiz and bring convert to MyDVD (mpeg2 at DVD quality, or so it says)
- add menus and burn (used BEST setup)
- watch on 58" digital widescreen tv
Need to burn older 8mm tapes (2 hrs per tape is approx. 26gig avi file)
Situation 2: Need to burn Digital 8 tapes, filmed in widescreen mode (1 hr per tape is approx. 13 gig avi file)
a. burned the full 2 hours of regular 8mm onto 1 DVD... quality not so good... will try to split into 2 DVDs to match quality (less compression will help, yes?)
b. burned the 1 hour Digital onto 1 DVD and the quality is nowhere near the original tape, especially when camera was moving
1. will I have to wait until dual-layered dvd burning, etc is here before I match the digital 8mm tape quality? can I even come close? if so, how?
2. do I have to be concerned about telling a burning program how to burn (widescreen or 4:3)? MyDVD has no option.
3. any other tips I should know? (I've read alot, but the more I read the more I'm not sure if it fits my situation)
At this time, I'm going to spend the time burning my regular 8mm tapes, at 1 hour per DVD. Sound game plan?
Thanks for any info!!