Thread: what software to use?

Default what software to use?

I have one big mpeg (movie file) and 3 smaller ones which i edited using pinncacle studio i aslo made the files dvd compatible when creating them.
    Now i want to put them onto DVD but i have tried DVD-lab which stops when im rendering it and says i need to de-multiplex it.....
    I have tried pinncacle and its terrible....scenes missing menu`s not working etc.
    I usually use Ulead DVD Moviefactory 2 which is fine but i want the 3 smaller files as special features and creating a dvd with movifactory seems very basic ( i ony seem to beable to have play film as a button as there isnt an option to add text to menu`s and a big picture to go to scene selection...)
    Does anyone no any other authoring software that would be suitable?

Default Authoring

Hi Chris,
    I have recently started using Adobe Encore for my authoring. I previously used DVDitPE, SonicMyDVD or Ulead but I find that Adobe Encore is much more flexible as to what I import and where I place assets on multi menu discs. Its also pretty user friendly and idiot proof!

Purpleturtle (also near manchester)
    If you don't stand for something....you'll fall for anything!

Default Re: Authoring

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleturtle
    Hi Chris,
    I have recently started using Adobe Encore for my authoring. I previously used DVDitPE, SonicMyDVD or Ulead but I find that Adobe Encore is much more flexible as to what I import and where I place assets on multi menu discs. Its also pretty user friendly and idiot proof!
    Yep. Very flexible and easy to use. So long as you know Photoshop. the point to note about Encoire is that the menus are basically Photoshop PSD files so a copy of Photoshop and experience with it will add extra value to Encore. It does have plenty of tools built in but if you have both you will build your menus in Photoshop to get the most from them.