Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: video editing software

Default video editing software

I'm and absolute beginner in video editing. I have widows 8 and xp platforms. I am looking to edit my daughters soccer games for on line sportworx and gotsoccer. I am looking for something user friendly that also does audio. I wish to thank anyone in advance who offers some suggestions. You may also e-mail me if you want.

Thanks
    Greg
    Fort Wayne In

Thanks for the advice paulears. Like i said I am an absolute beginner and looking for something that wont cost me several hundred dollars. I do however understand they cant give their programs away either. I think I will look into the Adobe programs and see what I can figure out. Also if you have anymore suggestions feel free to email me. Thanks again.
    Greg

hi to both of you...
    I've got nearly the same occasion but I was given an advice from a friend of mine to purchase the Adobe Premiere Elements but it's a little expensive to me. Could you (greg2ha) advice some other software with similar functionalities but on lower price. I have read a review for Pinnacle Studio 16 which seems good but on a quite lower price (about $60). What would you advice?

apvte3,
    You'd probably find (Sony) Movie Studio Platinum 12 (or 12 Suite) below (or around) $60 and maybe Premiere Elements too, if you shop around. Take note of the sound advice that paulears gave above though. You might read this short review of the Sony software to get some insight as well.
    Sony Vegas Movie Studio Review and Version Comparison
    If you decide on a Movie Studio Platinum version, make sure you get the boxed version, the slip sleeve ones may have some features missing. Note that the v12 does not work with the WinXP OS and burns no AVCHD content to DVDs any more.

apvte3

I have not purchased one yet but I am leaning hard to Adobe Premier Elements 11. I think I can pick it up at BB for around $60 or $69.

thanks to both of you guys. I have read about Sony Vegas good comments in another forum as well, and I still wonder about it. With a risk of bothering you a little more (because I really have a minimal budget) could you advice me anything because I've read some good words about Cyberlink PowerDirector. I found it on the price of $49 (which suits me perfect). Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by apvte3 View Post
    could you advice me anything because I've read some good words about Cyberlink PowerDirector.
    apvte3,
    sorry, I do not have any recent experience of that software. As with any other application I'd advise you to download the free trial and test first. Maybe you should also visit the software's community/user forum to get an idea of the problems current users may have.

vkmast, thanks anyway.

i have visited and the community forum but there are lots of problems mentioned as in any other community forum of the other video editing softwares. That's why i just wanted a comment from somebody who has used both and may give me an experienced advice.

I expect any of the entry level versions of PowerDirector, Vegas or PremiereElements will suitable. Afterall, they are all capable of loading a video, cutting some bits out, adding titles and audio, then creating the final video file. It seems reasonable to choose between the software simply by cost.

Be aware that some cheap prices may not be for the latest versions. And I certainly recommend checking what upgrade path might be possible in the future.

In these Forums, I think Vegas and Premiere are most popular (there must be a reason for that!); but few users tend to change brand afterwards, partly because they grow used to how their software performs; but also because of the lower cost of upgrades to better versions.

You have probably already seen these pages. No help in comparing between the brands, but may be useful when selecting which brand to buy into.

PowerDirector Series - COMPARISON - Compare Versions | CyberLink
    Vegas Pro 12 Product Comparisons
    Adobe Premiere Elements 11 | Buying guide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast