Thread: DVD Authoring Software - anyone tried ?

Default DVD Authoring Software - anyone tried ?

Whilst DVDA/DVDAS are popular and moderately easy to use, I've found another package (Free?) which also includes small amounts of animation to the Buttons . . . some YouTue Tutorials are of variable quality.

The software is: QDVDAuthor and started out as Linux, but is now available in Win or Mac versions. It appears to allow AVCHD burning for HD movies onto a DVD, but I wonder if anyone here has used this and can vouch for it?

ALSO
    I found Wondershare DVD Creator, which similarly offers both Win and Mac versions . . . but it's not quite clear to me if this is the same program with a different wrapper.....anyone?

I'm quite happy with DVDAS for plain DVDs since I only need a Menu displaying the (very short) films on the disc. Backgrounds, music and/or other visuals are not necessary IMHO.
    However the bonus these progs appear to offer is both Menus and AVCHD, if I can add a smalll animation when the button is pressed so much the better . . . . . but I'm still of the view that the Film needs to be better than the Titles, so the animation will be restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by vidmanners View Post
    Whilst DVDA/DVDAS are popular and moderately easy to use, I've found another package (Free?) which also includes small amounts of animation to the Buttons . . . .
    I'm quite happy with DVDAS for plain DVDs since I only need a Menu displaying the (very short) films on the disc. Backgrounds, music and/or other visuals are not necessary IMHO.
    However the bonus these progs appear to offer is both Menus and AVCHD, if I can add a smalll animation when the button is pressed so much the better . . .
    You mean you cannot have backgrounds, music and animated buttons in your DVD Architect Studio?
    Burning hd video to a DVD for playback in a Blu-ray Disc player using the BDMV format was dropped after the initial build of DVDAS 5.0 though.

as you say, due to the latest version of DVDAS having removed the BDMV option.

As to animation in DVDAS, I've struggled to find an easy method, whereas the prog I suggested has this at its core, so it seems. If DVDAS was easier to use then it would be better, but removing that BDMV option was somewhat unnecessary, although quite logical as they get a % with every BD disc sold.