Thread: PREY (Short Action Film) Trailer

1. Smile PREY (Short Action Film) Trailer

Hello everyone This is a trailer for my upcoming action short film "PREY".
    We've been working in this low budget project for several months now and we're all very exited about its upcoming release.
    This forum's advice really helped a lot on making this happen, so I just wanted to thank everyone for that.

Please tell us what you guys think about it, every comment truly means a lot to us.
    This trailer was heavily inspired by "Ghost Protocol" so take it more like a homage than a rip-off.
    The full short film is being released next month, look forward to it! Thanks again guys!
    HERE IT IS:
    Last edited by The Skylight Studios; 03-19-2013 at 07:32 AM.

Well it looks like a very exciting movie. I really hope you have got a good story to go with the stylish visuals you present in this trailer.

Good luck with the release.

3. Red face

I'm glad to hear you think my visuals are stylish thank you very much Midnight, I'll let you know when the full thing is released!

Blog Entries

I think it looks very good and very exciting. The titles and audio are excellent too.

However we see a lot of fighting but there's nothing really whaich draws us in. There is no intrigue - nothing to make us wonder what happens/what it's about.

The words at the beginning attempt to give some hint at the plot but they are frankly quite laughable. It is possible, of course that it has lost something in the translation.

"He's the mastermind behind all the criminal operations that have occurred in the last years" Really? ALL of them? Occurred where? In the world?

"That's why I've called all my best agents" - again "ALL"?

These lines lack a certain credibiliy. I have a little girl and one of her stories end "And everyone agreed it was the best fairy ball ever". I'm afraid these lines sound rather like that.

Rethink those lines, so that they give away enough of the plot to hook the viewer in, but don't overstate the mission and it will sound much more credible. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but though it looked good, it didn't make me want to see it.
    Tim

5. Default

Hello Tim, first of all thank you very much for replying. I really appreciate your comment because it's always critical and helpful.
    I would like to clarify some things though.
    In the trailer I was intentionally trying to not give up much of the plot, just some mayor hints, that's the main reason of why everything may seem so vague, but I completely agree with you in the first dialogue, I'm going to be more specific about it in the film, thanks for helping me notice it.

In the second dialogue the actual line is "That's why I've called "ONLY" my best agents" not "ALL" I'm not sure if the misunderstanding has to do with my character's accent.
    There are many important plot points that I didn't mention in this trailer maybe I was a bit afraid of revealing too much of the plot or spoil some twists that happen later in the film. I wanted to save most of them for the actual short. I was merely trying to make it only exciting and just giving some general context at the beginning. Thank you very much Tim, your review is useful as always

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Skylight Studios View Post
    In the second dialogue the actual line is "That's why I've called "ONLY" my best agents" not "ALL" I'm not sure if the misunderstanding has to do with my character's accent.
    Ahh. That's better (but suggests it needs to be a bit clearer)
    [QUOTE=The Skylight Studios;195968
    There are many important plot points that I didn't mention in this trailer maybe I was a bit afraid of revealing too much of the plot or spoil some twists that happen later in the film. I wanted to save most of them for the actual short. I was merely trying to make it only exciting and just giving some general context at the beginning. Thank you very much Tim, your review is useful as always[/QUOTE]

I understand the reluctance about revealing too much, but look at all te big trailers. They generally give away quite a bit of the plot, the hero's objectives and (some of) the obstacles he has to overcome. This makes you want to watch the film to see how he overcomes the obstacles and if he succeds.

Often when you see a film, if you've read the blurb and watc ed the trailer, the first half is only telling you what you already know. So don't be too worried about giving away too much.
    Tim