Thread: New york city : The Last Day - Meteors Strike - After Effects

Cool New york city : The Last Day - Meteors Strike - After Effects

One of my first visual effects projects...you may think it's too short and not perfectly done..but it was really hard to finish it. the big challenge was dealing with the animated city footage rather than a still image.
    Anyway,I'm waiting to know your thoughts about it
    I hope you like it..More and much better projects still to come.

It looked as good (or as bad) as the 2nd rate effects I see in films on the ski-fi channel. Whilst I am unsure what a meteor would look like, I am tempted to say the FX looks unrealistic. Matching the camera movement looked good; and I generally liked the additional lighting to the ground when a meteor was close. But, the areas which were totally in shadow appeared not to lighten up at all (e.g. the left side of the green statue's column and lower building). Sadly, of the 27 second clip, only 5 secs relate to the actual effect. The question is; if I saw this on the news, would I accept that it was real?

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    It looked as good (or as bad) as the 2nd rate effects I see in films on the ski-fi channel. Whilst I am unsure what a meteor would look like, I am tempted to say the FX looks unrealistic. Matching the camera movement looked good; and I generally liked the additional lighting to the ground when a meteor was close. But, the areas which were totally in shadow appeared not to lighten up at all (e.g. the left side of the green statue's column and lower building). Sadly, of the 27 second clip, only 5 secs relate to the actual effect. The question is; if I saw this on the news, would I accept that it was real?
    thank you for the great remarks my friend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Whilst I am unsure what a meteor would look like,
    Did you miss all the footage of the one in Russia last month, Tim?
    We all have some reality to base it on now.
    Tim