Thread: New promo

Default New promo

Any thoughts of yours on my newest promo would be awesome. Thanks.

Hi there,
    You might want to reconsider to expand the text lenght @ 00:14 with maybe 3/4 of a second more ( i was not able to read it)
    Why did you had to use black and white for some of the shots ?
    Sin City effect ex 0:46 works fine
    Camera covering the drums - you might want to shorten these shots
    Try adding more shots and make it more exiting

I think it communicates your message but I agree that the text at 0:2 & 0:15 should be help a little longer. The before and after works well to show how you can make a better job of filming a gig than doing it them selves.

Thanks for the feedback. I also agree I should have lengthened the text in those parts. I guess I just wanted to make sure the promo was as short as possible. The drum cam is normally set up much different, and is used mainly when focusing on highlights, drum rolls, ect. This was also our first time at this venue and we were not hired to film that night, so we kind of had to set up around the sound guy working, but we did it purely to test out our new equipment.

This was actually our 1st time ever using our two new Cannon t4i's in the field. We filmed 4 songs and had each of the cameras set to different settings on each song to find out what works best overall. Since we started this up 1 year ago, we have accidentally become known for using a black & white shot for one of the cams, because with our old set up, this cam we used ends up with some pretty noisy video, so I masked it with a sharpener, desaturation and a darkener (i was using Movie Studio 11 at the time), and people/bands ended up really liking it a lot. I stumbled upon the "sin city" effect used in this new promo just by messing around with our new Vegas Pro 12 software during editing. For future jobs, we will probably both shoot in full color, and just use effects afterwards like I've always done.

Blog Entries

I didn't think the drums were too long as it happens.
    I thought it was great. Simple. Made the point very well.

What i might have done differently is kept the second before/after shorter and added a third, even shorter (primarily because we're used to taking things in in threes)

I know it matches the colour of your logo, but I thought the text looked a bit "Pinnacle Studio" rather than "Vegas Pro". That's all that let it down though. Nice job!
    Tim

I think the "before" and "After" shots (of the two sources) migt be easier to check by using Picture in picture (in Vegas and Movie Studio) . . . and I'm not convinced any text should be too arty as this makes it difficult to read . . .

This can be fixed by having a title page that explains what's about to be shown. . . .

Excuse me. I feel confused because I don't understand what I am comparing. The 'before' shots appeared to be from a distance. The 'after' were all closer. Are the skills being demonstrated to do with the post processing? or having better cameras and being able to get close to the front of stage?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    Excuse me. I feel confused because I don't understand what I am comparing. The 'before' shots appeared to be from a distance. The 'after' were all closer. Are the skills being demonstrated to do with the post processing? or having better cameras and being able to get close to the front of stage?
    Probably my fault for using the terms "before and after". I belive the idea is what I've referred to as "before" is what you get when you do it yourself - ie what loads of bands have up on the internet and "after" is after you hire this bunch to film, record and edit.
    Tim